What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired SOLD OUT / LOCK THREAD - Heighway Pinball Cabinets

Expired Due to no activity
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBunny

Registered
*** SOLD OUT *** - NO HEIGHWAY PINBALL CABINETS WERE BURNED, THEY ALL WENT TO GOOD HOMES =)

Hi All,

We used to make these for Heighway Pinball some years ago, however they went bust before paying for this batch and have been palletised with no where to go ever since.

You more than welcome to come and view them before making a decision.

If anyone fancies a project, then please message me here to make an offer.

Prices:
Head Board (comes with speaker grills, locks, keys etc) - £50 each (23 left in stock)
Cabinet / Base - £100 each (12 left in stock)
Play Fields (Possibly Full Throttle) - £20 each (2 left in stock, check carefully before purchase please)

We also have some loose bits of woods with the cabinets which have simply been labelled as pinball or Heighyway, if your purchasing a base and need some of them you are welcome to take whats required.

Having checked the cabinet schematics I have them listed as:
Alien Left Woodrail,
Alien Right Woodrail,
Alien Back board.

We will happily knock down prices if you wish to make multiple purchases, basically they will shortly end up in the furnace if not sold as they are taking up much needed space in the factory. I was instructed to put them in, however I asked for the chance to sell them first incase anyone wanted one.
Everything is sold as seen, and first come, first served.
Items are based near Bridgend in South Wales (UK).

Customer pick up only. Though you can arrange pick up via courier at our factory, at your own expense and on the understanding that you are solely responsible for dealing with any transit damage and the courier itself. We will do our best palletise and protect the cabinets forthe journey (at additional cost).
We do use a company called Fleet Style (01792 799300), who often deliver Arcade cabinets around the UK for us, and are normally very reasonably priced and reliable. they visit our factory most days. Again, to be clear transit damage and dealing with any courier issues will be your responsibility.

Attachments

• IMG_20200115_150034.jpg
    IMG_20200115_150034.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_20200115_145946.jpg
    IMG_20200115_145946.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 192
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 193
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Could be a nice project for someone that's capable. That's if anyone knows if the playfield parts are stashed away somewhere?

Yeah I thought that, plenty of people have approched us over the last few years about starting re-making Aliens and other Heighway machines, but we have to make in bulk to be cost effective which has put most potential investors off.

Attachments

• IMG_20200115_145937.jpg
    IMG_20200115_145937.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20200115_150048.jpg
    IMG_20200115_150048.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 1234.jpg
    1234.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 112
Hiya @BadBunny

Not sure of they are separate or part of the bundle, however would be interested in one of the Playfields.... I'm in Bristol so easy enough to pop over...

Cheers
Paul

Nah. Heighway pins will never be remade unless the board set is changed. Technology has moved on so much. Look at a stern node in relation to a Heighway one?

Anyway. Back to the cabs.

You really need to put a price on. This site does not allow ‘offers’ on stuff for sale.

Also it’s worth mentioning there is no print or inserts on those play fields. I thought it was showing the back but it is the front so I may be staying the obvious.

I really hope you get some of your money back on these. I know too many people this company owed money too.

The cabinets are worth selling as a virtual pinball project. But you have to really price them.

We can do the cabinets for £150 each, and the play fields for £20.
but to be clear they are sold as seen, as this was years ago, and I've no idea if they are correct to current standards.

Slightly misleading thread title :)

There might be some European and American people who would be interested in cabinets, if there's got damaged in transit. Are the cabinets complete or just bare wood?

Slightly misleading thread title :)

There might be some European and American people who would be interested in cabinets, if there's got damaged in transit. Are the cabinets complete or just bare wood?

It's just bare wood I'm afraid, I think they went to an assembly plant in Ebbw Vale if my information is correct.

Is it possible to unpack one ? To be honest the prices are okay for the vpin guys.

Heighway cabs don’t really need restoration as no decals. The worst that happens is the mdf that is put on top of the base cab gets dented or damaged.

Is it possible to unpack one ? To be honest the prices are okay for the vpin guys.

Heighway cabs don’t really need restoration as no decals. The worst that happens is the mdf that is put on top of the base cab gets dented or damaged.

ah ok, looks like they will be fire wood then. no worries, I will leave it a few days more.
thanks

LOL did Andy pay anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOL did Andy pay anyone?

I obviously read stuff on the internet about the mess that the company ended in, but from what I can see of the official creditor bankruptcy paper work they only owed us £1600 or so at the point of bankruptcy, while I can see hundreds of thoudands of pounds of work we've done for them over the years, and been paid for, so I don't think you'll hear too many complaints from our boss. Other than to say were sorry any customeer of ours and their staff lose their jobs. Certainly the staff members he spoke to when he visited our factory all say he seemed a decent enough bloke.

Well that’s good to know! BTW you might want to look into building cabinets for other pins as I think there is a market.

However, I think there is a lot more happened and come to light since then on how he treated people and customers!

Neil.

Ive managed to put pictures up of another play field and what are possibly the tops to the cabinet up in the pictures, if anyone recognises them.

If you unpack them - take photos of them - then as i said some people building VPINs may want them. Your will have to measure and put up full dimensions on them (internal and external) as they need ot know to fit screens.

The guy in stratford (who has gone quiet now) used to build repacement pinball cabinets. I heard two examples where he made incorrect sizes.

I am sure after doing this work, he wont want to see a pinball again. I didnt for a few years.

MAYBE consider listing them on here for sale - but say UK PEOPLE ONLY.

Personally without hardware (hinges, legs etc) you will be lucky to get £50-80 a cab. Due to the small quantities these sold, and most of them are outside the UK it may be an idea to chop them up and put them in a furnace to keep the workshop warm for a bit.

Sorry I can not be more positive on this for you.....

Was your Fish Tales the one sprayed orange inside @M4carp, if so that was a really nice refurb.
Yeah he did it sunset orange, he did one before the same for a firm on the south coast I think that wanted loads for it. It looked so good I had to have it done.
Even the plate behind the boards on mine is chrome plated, also oak rails😊
I took my old FT cab to him and come back better than new, got speeding points doing that run😏

He’s still about, I saw him a couple of weeks back but not to talk to tho. I’m not sure if he is still into pinball, wasn’t he doing a refurb on someone’s Adams Family Gold on here recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom