What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted HD projector?

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Looking for something to watch movies on in our log cabin, I see lots of cheap one's on Amazon, I have no clue about these! Maybe 120" motorised screen, any advice or anyone selling please let me know

Cheers Ronnie

You might get lucky with the cheap ones on amazon - can always return them if its no good ?
A lot depends on how dark its going to be when you watch. And you probably want to measure the distance to make sure you get one with the correct throw distance. (I got an ultra short throw on a few years back and had to send it back cos it covered 1/2 the room from about 10 feet :) )

I did have a 1080p optoma one that was pretty good - but crumbled and got a 4k one about 18 months ago.
Had a Benq on previously too - also pretty good.

You might get lucky with the cheap ones on amazon - can always return them if its no good ?
A lot depends on how dark its going to be when you watch. And you probably want to measure the distance to make sure you get one with the correct throw distance. (I got an ultra short throw on a few years back and had to send it back cos it covered 1/2 the room from about 10 feet :) )

I did have a 1080p optoma one that was pretty good - but crumbled and got a 4k one about 18 months ago.
Had a Benq on previously too - also pretty good.

Cheers, yes I see most just sit in front of the screen, my thinking was to put it on the roof at the opposite end of the cabin out the way, Also 120" is far to big it's almost down to the floor the way it would fit to the gable end of the cabin

Mine is on the ceiling.. Actually in another room (we have a wee hole.. Just like being at the movies)
So it's around 18-19 ft to the screen. My picture is 120"
Really noticed the improvement with 4k 😁

Lots of the cheap one's say 4k 1080p but surely not really 4k as that's a much higher res

If you're buying secondhand you need to find out how much life is left in the bulb as they are expensive to replace.

If you're buying secondhand you need to find out how much life is left in the bulb as they are expensive to replace.

Yeah good point, I see most of these cheap one's have led bulbs, but priced from £90 upwards might be worth a punt?

I've got a cheap LED type like that that I've only used once. It might claim to be 1080HD but the difference in picture quality between that and my BenQ 1080 is miles apart. The BenQ picture quality is as good as being at the cinema.

I've got a cheap LED type like that that I've only used once. It might claim to be 1080HD but the difference in picture quality between that and my BenQ 1080 is miles apart. The BenQ picture quality is as good as being at the cinema.
Yeah I figured that might be the case, I would not know a good one to buy if I fell over it! Would just be the odd movie night so would not need to be too fancy, got a panasonic 65" UHD tv in the house also

I bought a Philips Screeneo Ultra Short Throw LED projector back in January 2016 for £600. Easily one of the best things I have purchased.

I wanted a quick and easy no fuss big screen for the movie nights without the hassle of mounting a projector to the ceiling, fitting a projector screen, and running separate audio. For a quick and easy setup, takes about a minute and you are ready to go to beam the image on the wall. It's only 720p but it's amazing and has really great sound, I still use it back and forth. I just plug in a Fire TV box or stick normally. Though I have used this is multiple rooms for gaming etc and even used it outside once. I even turned the thing on it's side for big Tate screen shooting :)

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 10.05.58.png

If I were on the lookout for a simple no fuss all in one projector I would be looking at all in one Screeneo's, as there are now newer more recent models I believe.

I bought a Philips Screeneo Ultra Short Throw LED projector back in January 2016 for £600. Easily one of the best things I have purchased.

I wanted a quick and easy no fuss big screen for the movie nights without the hassle of mounting a projector to the ceiling, fitting a projector screen, and running separate audio. For a quick and easy setup, takes about a minute and you are ready to go to beam the image on the wall. It's only 720p but it's amazing and has really great sound, I still use it back and forth. I just plug in a Fire TV box or stick normally. Though I have used this is multiple rooms for gaming etc and even used it outside once. I even turned the thing on it's side for big Tate screen shooting :)

View attachment 223194

If I were on the lookout for a simple no fuss all in one projector I would be looking at all in one Screeneo's, as there are now newer more recent models I believe.
Looks good, beyond what I want to spend for the little use it will get, I have ordered a cheapy that seems to have decent specs and reviews, will give it a go, if it's crap I will return it.

Now to find a bluetooth amp lol

Just seen your post. Let me know how you get on with your cheapy one, as I deal with Ultra Short Throw projectors (UST). I've a few dealers in Scotland (Glasgow) where you can go and see one.
Price wise, more expensive but you do get an ALR screen ( important for lighter rooms) included, and picture detail exceeds what an oled can produce.

Just seen your post. Let me know how you get on with your cheapy one, as I deal with Ultra Short Throw projectors (UST). I've a few dealers in Scotland (Glasgow) where you can go and see one.
Price wise, more expensive but you do get an ALR screen ( important for lighter rooms) included, and picture detail exceeds what an oled can produce.

A friend has given me an older one 720p to compare, as I have no clue what is good or bad, but early indications I'm impressed with the cheap one, still waiting on a proper screen then I will compare the 2 and report back

Edit the one I was given is full hd 1080p (thanks Chris) a few years older but will be a good comparison for this cheapy one

Back
Top Bottom