What's new

Have prices topped out? has everyone calmed down?

Thanks for the info guys. I know it has a special board/ROM installed for the deadworld. If I still have trouble I will post in the technical forum.

Ok...

In answer to the initial question, here IMO is your answer...

upload_2014-9-18_8-17-54.png

15 "for sale" ads - 2 "sold".

Personally i think it's now a case of people moving on their older machines to replace with newer ones, however at "current" prices, as opposed to the prices of 5 years ago which more of us are used to....

Something will have to give, and personally I believe that prices will now have to drop to allow those to sell their machines to fund new ones...and in a lot of cases where people have bought high it's a case of selling for less that you bought it for, and people don't like that....

Ok...

In answer to the initial question, here IMO is your answer...

View attachment 10324

15 "for sale" ads - 2 "sold".

Personally i think it's now a case of people moving on their older machines to replace with newer ones, however at "current" prices, as opposed to the prices of 5 years ago which more of us are used to....

Something will have to give, and personally I believe that prices will now have to drop to allow those to sell their machines to fund new ones...and in a lot of cases where people have bought high it's a case of selling for less that you bought it for, and people don't like that....

Couldn't agree more. Catch 22.

Look at all the impending new titles: Walking Dead, Medieval Madness Remake, The Hobbit, The Big Lebowski, Full Throttle etc

People are holding back cash and trying to shift current machines now to pay for these, I know I am.

I was tempted to buy a Pirates as there are a couple on ebay so a good time to buy - then I realised to do that I wouldn't be able to go through with my MMr order, so I am sitting tight, I bet others are too.

Yes something's got to give otherwise new machine orders will be cancelled if people are reluctant to let go of pins for a lesser price than what they paid for them.

This only seems to apply to the high end titles though, pins around the 1k mark are still getting snapped up quickly (well decent ones anyway;)).

The market always levels itself. Some may not want to accept lower prices, while others will be happy to deal.

A valuation is then defined by those sell, not those who don't.

I can but only dream of £1k+ pins :rolleyes: Back in the real world, down here at the bottom of the food chain, some of us are happily getting the same junkie highs with pins costing a tenth of even "low-end" DMD machines :p Sure, our games may lack modes, speech, music, wire-forms or ramps but our coils fail at the same astonishing rate as posh pins as we chase the next HIGH SCORE TO DATE :D

GAME ON, DUDES! ;)

I know I keep saying this but I am a man of simple pinball pleasures, not overcomplicated crapness.

Give me loops, ramps, lane changing and lots of aim for, then I'm a happy man. Also, I'm not a lover of the modern multiballs, jackpots should be rare not given away like confetti.

Infact I might go as far to say that the DMD was the killer of pinball.

I might be inclined to agree with you. Queue torrent of pro-DMD abuse ;) Nah, I like 'em all. Some more than others, but they're all great fun. I do have a soft spot for 70s stuff because that's my era and I think some of the most beautiful artwork and eye-catching themes were created during this time. But I also think WOZ is a future classic too. Fantastic game.

Disagree. The introduction of the DMD ushered in what we now see as the 90s golden age of pins. If you really think that if pinball had remained as it was pre dmd , that it would have survived, then you have clearly been hitting the novus cocktails a bit hard dude. Lots of other factors played a part in the decline in the late 90s.

Anyway what killer ? .....pinball ain't dead, it just smells funny ;)

Disagree. The introduction of the DMD ushered in what we now see as the 90s golden age of pins. If you really think that if pinball had remained as it was pre dmd , that it would have survived, then you have clearly been hitting the novus cocktails a bit hard dude. Lots of other factors played a part in the decline in the late 90s.

Anyway what killer ? .....pinball ain't dead, it just smells funny ;)

Surely, the golden age was in the 70's? Peak demand for machines and loads of players.

The 90's mini revival was just a blip before it's final death.

I think everyone's going to have their own preference. Some due to the "era" they associate with the pinballs of their youth, others due to a particular aesthetic preference.

In my opinion every innovation that stuck (i.e. came into common usage across the board ) extended the life of pinball some amount and enabled new audiences to come into contact with and enjoy playing them. As with anything, it's a case of "evolve-or-die" and pinballs have been giving it a good go over the years.

Nowadays, after a period of stagnation, it's pinball apps and console games taking things down an entirely new, virtual, path as well as LCD displays and other innovations trying to simultaneously extend the shelf life of the physical pinball machine. I might still prefer my (color)DMD TOM and Fish Tales, but I'm not going to begrudge people trying new things, even if I think they fail horribly.

The kids of today will probably be moaning in their dotage about the good old days of playing Pinball Arcade on their tablets instead of in new-fangled holodecks... We can but hope anyway. :D

On the whole buying for less then what you paid thing. I run across this a lot with buying and selling games etc for a few years now. People just dont seem to understand that the value of something is only what the highest bidder will pay for it not what you paid for it

There's a shadow about 6 miles from my house that I could have bought. But the guy, whos a friend of a friend, wants 1600 for it, and its been sitting in his garage for 7+ years and needs work. He's gotten tons of offers on it from people but since he was screwed when he bought it he wont budge on price. Really gets my ire up! Lovely machine just rotting away because he doesnt want to loose out on money.

My era as a kid was non dmd, but as a relative new convert to having lots of pins ( I had sof for 10 years on its own), it was playing a dmd for the first time that sparked me wanting to play other machines with a new twist.
That brought me to this forum and then by reading peoples write ups especially Nedreuds, it is inspiring me to do up an older machine and so full circle back to none dmd again.
So now I am into both,
Also with the talk of losing money on machines anyone who wants to part with a attack from mars or old mm, for 3500 in great nik get in touch :)

I won't be holding my breath

My era as a kid was non dmd, but as a relative new convert to having lots of pins ( I had sof for 10 years on its own), it was playing a dmd for the first time that sparked me wanting to play other machines with a new twist.
That brought me to this forum and then by reading peoples write ups especially Nedreuds, it is inspiring me to do up an older machine and so full circle back to none dmd again.
So now I am into both,
Also with the talk of losing money on machines anyone who wants to part with a attack from mars or old mm, for 3500 in great nik get in touch :)

I won't be holding my breath

Who knows what the future holds. But also never underestimate the power of inflation.

That MM/AFM could be 6k in 10 years time so 3.5/4k in today's money.

Back
Top Bottom