What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings all...

Blakey

Registered
Hello all,

Thought I'd take the time to introduce myself.

My name is Chris, and I have loved playing pinball since I was about 10 years old.

My brother and I found a BK when we were on holiday in Germany in about 1980 and we played that soooo much. You used to get 14 plays for 5 marks back in those days. I do remember that sometimes the coin mechanism would register twice so on occasions we would get 28 games !!

There are a few tables in some of the pubs in Brighton, and some really shabby examples in some of the seedy arcades in town, but there really are very few places to play really good tables in the area that I know of (please let me know if you know any) and this is why I am seriously considering starting my own collection.

Are there ever any expos in the south of England? - I'd love to go the bash in Manchester but it seems a long way to go just to play pinball!!

Anyway, I'd quite like to take on a restoration project, - perhaps a simple one to start with, but of course it would be great to have a fully working table too.

The thing I like about this forum from what I have seen so far is that everybody seems to look out for each other and give straight advice, whether noobie or old hand.

Cheers everyone,

Chris.

Welcome Chris, just got one bit of advice for you.

Don't buy a Space Jam, or if you do don't invite the South Coast Crew round to burn it up for you!:rofl:

Welcome Chris. Good to see you're interested in pinball - hang around and these guys will turn you into an addict [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Chris,

If you can't make it to Manchester I would suggest going to some league meets in your area.

They are great places to get a few games on machines (to help you decide what to go for when you buy) they are also great places to meet fellow pin heads. Fellow pin heads are also a mine of information on what's for sale around your area.

Brighton to Manchester is very doable, there are even a few of us flying over from Northern Ireland to get a pin fix and we have a load of machines :confused:

So You should make the effort to get to Manchester for the NLP (not to mention all the other stuff there) because by Halloween you will be kicking yourself you didn't go and will have to wait until next year for another big event....

Welcome Chris. If you're up for travelling to Salisbury then there's our bi-monthly social and league meets at Special When Lit plus the odd other event or two. Perhaps join up with @IvanM sometime...

Welcome Chris,

If you can't make it to Manchester I would suggest going to some league meets in your area.

They are great places to get a few games on machines (to help you decide what to go for when you buy) they are also great places to meet fellow pin heads. Fellow pin heads are also a mine of information on what's for sale around your area.

Brighton to Manchester is very doable, there are even a few of us flying over from Northern Ireland to get a pin fix and we have a load of machines :confused:

So You should make the effort to get to Manchester for the NLP (not to mention all the other stuff there) because by Halloween you will be kicking yourself you didn't go and will have to wait until next year for another big event....
I can see it's a big event and yes you're right I should get there. As far as work is concerned, I'm contracting at the mo so every day I don't work costs me heavily. The love of pinball is drawing me in thought and I feel like I must go and connect with the pinball community. - I thnk I've made my mind up, I need to go. See you all in Manchester in October!!

You've just missed this years SE league but there will be another one next year. Matt Adams has a fantastic arcade set up in Worthing, so it's just down the road from you.

Hey people. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm liking this forum even more every time I check in.

I can see it's a big event and yes you're right I should get there. As far as work is concerned, I'm contracting at the mo so every day I don't work costs me heavily. The love of pinball is drawing me in thought and I feel like I must go and connect with the pinball community. - I thnk I've made my mind up, I need to go. See you all in Manchester in October!!
Discounted tickets to our show here, http://www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone/

You've just missed this years SE league but there will be another one next year. Matt Adams has a fantastic arcade set up in Worthing, so it's just down the road from you.
Wow thanks for that. I work in Worthing so looks like I need to get in touch with Matt.

I just need to work out the excuse for the missus: 'sorry darling I have to work late tonight' - did that sound convincing??

Wow thanks for that. I work in Worthing so looks like I need to get in touch with Matt.

I just need to work out the excuse for the missus: 'sorry darling I have to work late tonight' - did that sound convincing??
I often tried that line, whilst my office was the converted attached garage....with 2 pins in. Don't think she ever actually fell for it but she seemed to welcome keeping me out of the house so a win win basically! Welcome to the madhouse mate :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom