What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb System 80B Ground Mods

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
Just looking for some opinions on the best ground mod techniques from the Gottlieb gurus. I've already done the ground mods in the cabinet at the transformer chassis. But I want to know is it best to add a ground wire to each board and then tie them all together to the ground strap or as TNT does a d just add the extra ground wires between the MPU and driver interconnect?

If you want you can add them, won't be a bad idea. That being said mine,and I have 5 sys 80 games and have never added them, as I could not be ar$ed.
I have doubled up the 5v and 12v lines at the interconnect, and repinned main cpu power pins.

Change the main filter cap too, if not done yet
25v 10000uF arrived today. It's considerably smaller in size but presuming it will be okay? What system 80s do you have? I love all of them but this is my first time owning one so learning a lot as I goIMG_20190912_235056~2.jpg

If you want you can add them, won't be a bad idea. That being said mine,and I have 5 sys 80 games and have never added them, as I could not be ar$ed.
I have doubled up the 5v and 12v lines at the interconnect, and repinned main cpu power pins.

I do hope they aren't 12v as they should be ground ;)

Black hole, mars God of war, robo, tx, tag team, Genesis aka Frank n pin, ,big house
I would love a Black Hole some day, and TX-Sector 😂 I'm guessing that was your Tag Team at Pinfest? Had a few games and really enjoyed it

I would love a Black Hole some day, and TX-Sector 😂 I'm guessing that was your Tag Team at Pinfest? Had a few games and really enjoyed it

Just incidentally, as far as I can tell the flyer for 'Rock', featuring Gottlieb personnel posed with a partly populated playfield, actually shows a Tag Team playfield. It certainly isn't Rock, which is understandable given that the flyer had to be done before production began.

Back
Top Bottom