What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Gottlieb System 80A MPU

Still looking before my pocket gets stung..... or anyone fix my existing one? Works, but sometime locks a coil at boot and doesn't retain high score.

Still looking before my pocket gets stung..... or anyone fix my existing one? Works, but sometime locks a coil at boot and doesn't retain high score.

I have a couple of spare MPUs, I can also look at fixing yours. However, it's worth the extra expense and investing in a Pascal Janin board due to the error trapping and over current protection it has built in, in order to help protect your game.

🤣I think I broke him

No mate you didnt!

I'll look at anything anyone wants me to, but there is a charge and although its usually fixed its not free if it isnt, so this 80a board that john has where there are no high scores saving isnt gonna be an easy or quick one to solve so i think a new board would be the better option, especially if you pay for a repair and then its still intermittent with some timing issue. Most likely the fault on it is a worn logic ic in the ram address section that is too slow sometimes and that is what causes it to not save properly.

No prob, Peter has offered to look at it, just trying to resolve a coil lock on at boot first, which may not be the CPU and/or a grounding issue (and yes have done the ground mods) .

@Moonraker I'll likely send your way soon thanks, even if I end up buying the Pascal board (as everyone recommends) as a spare is always useful and it's working other than the HS issue. Cheers all.

Bite the bullet John and get the Pascal board. It's for a game you will be keeping for a good while so it will be well worth it in the long run.

Bite the bullet John and get the Pascal board. It's for a game you will be keeping for a good while so it will be well worth it in the long run.

Aye mate, just haven't got the pins and time to replace all the connectors afterwards, the pins are all squashed flat remember as some nob flowed solder onto all of the board edge connectors. Will source and do it though if needed...., just one of about 10 machines here needing attention.

Back
Top Bottom