What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb System 1 & 80 Spider chips

Game On

Banned
Hi all. I think I know the answer anyway but it is worth a try. I like the early Gottlieb SS machines (system 1 & 80). I fully appreciate they are a pain in the Ar-e and not the most reliable electronics (Rockwell), but I like a challenge. I have several CPU boards damaged by failed transistors on the driver board causing the Rockwell 11660EF Spider Chips to destroy themselves. I am sure many know of this problem. Is there anyone anywhere that can supply these. I know I can get Pascal Boards and save all the hassle but half the fun is the hassle!

Thank you in advance

I don’t think those chips have been available for many years, but it’s only System 1 that’s affected, no spider chips on System 80 boards.

I stand to be corrected on either of those statements though, it’s been a long time since I had a Gottlieb of either of those systems! :thumbs:

I don’t think those chips have been available for many years, but it’s only System 1 that’s affected, no spider chips on System 80 boards.

I stand to be corrected on either of those statements though! :thumbs:
Sadly all the reqlly great early Gottlieb SS game are system 1. I did think they were in sysy 80 too but an happy to be corrected. Shame really because Gottlieb made the best 70s EM Pins and really declined when they went SS. Thank you for the info. I can believe someone somewhere has got NOS or re-created them?

Back
Top Bottom