What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Gottlieb Genie - £1,500

DRD

Registered
I am open to offers on this game. Note that it is a beast. Same width as the Bally SS widebodies. The cab is about 3" longer than a standard pinball however due to the angles of the legs it only sticks out about 1.5" proud of regular sized machine in a lineup.

Used in the Midlands League in 2019. Very rare game in UK. Only used at one league meeting in its history.

My first Gottlieb, bought as a non worker on eBay. The myths about Gottlieb are not true !

Spares availability is simply remarkable for this game. Far better than for Ballys from this era. See the shop log for all the new stuff I put into her.

Absolutely stunning game in terms of artwork. Great ruleset with innumerate scoring shots due to 5 flippers.

Gottliebs have 2x Achilles heels - boards and more specifically how they attach to the connectors. Both are sorted.

This game has been totally reliable and not broken down since the refurb. The 300 euro Pascal all in one - lamp, solenoid, mpu and sound board sorts the 40 year old electronics and also gives diagnostics, extra protections, skill shot and ball save.

Replacing the connectors has sorted the other classic Gottlieb concern.

Eagle eyed viewers will see that the original sound board is still attached and accordingly disconnected. This explains the modern speaker cable going from the cab speaker to the Pascal board.

Literally every plastic part above the playfield has been replaced other than the stand up targets. Playfield protector added.

Complete warts and all shop log on here ...

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/gottlieb-genie.41135/page-2#post-281703

Sold complete with original boards as well, manual, original drop targets.

20200709_164233.jpg
20200709_170511.jpg

20200709_164641.jpg
20200709_163721.jpg
20200708_100646.jpg

Also on gumtree, with some extra pictures ..

https://www.gumtree.com/p/hobbies-c...-fully-refurbished-pinball-machine/1378031416

Last edited:
@JAG555 Ive said before I'd absolutely love a Genie, remember playing the hell out of it on the PS2 pinball hall of fame which ended up becoming Pinball Arcade. I just don't have the space for wide bodies and it's so frustrating as Genie is a total grail (I feel like I say this a lot)

Back
Top Bottom