What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb EM 4 player start up problem -anyone help please ?

Phil B

Registered
Alias
saucer
I've got a Jungle Queen pinball (1978 ) that was working fine a few months ago and has done since I bought it 9 years ago. But recently when I pressed the start button the first of the 4 scorereels counted back to zero but the other 3 did not. The score motor is turning round continuously. Any thoughts please ?

the score motor will continue to turn as its trying to reset all score reels to zero. You could manually move the stuck ones round to zero and see if it will then start a game. Then you need to figure out why those score reels are not moving - could be a wire off somewhere if whole sets of score reels are not resetting. On 4 player games there is usually a player selector unit / stepper unit that selects player 1, 2, 3, 4 - that effectively controls which set of score reels are active, so if that is not working it could be that it is only setting player 1 score reels to zero. so fud that unit and again you can probably manually advance it to player 2 3 or 4 and see what happens then

the score motor will continue to turn as its trying to reset all score reels to zero. You could manually move the stuck ones round to zero and see if it will then start a game. Then you need to figure out why those score reels are not moving - could be a wire off somewhere if whole sets of score reels are not resetting. On 4 player games there is usually a player selector unit / stepper unit that selects player 1, 2, 3, 4 - that effectively controls which set of score reels are active, so if that is not working it could be that it is only setting player 1 score reels to zero. so fud that unit and again you can probably manually advance it to player 2 3 or 4 and see what happens then
Thanks Alan. I will try that in the next few days. Sounds like the selector unit could be the problem.

Back
Top Bottom