What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got myself in a bit of a pickle with language settings

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
R

robertlucas1970

Collected a Dr Who today and thought I would change the batteries and write the date on there so I know to do it every year, so then I though I would reset the machine and put the settings in I want and you guess it, its stuck on what I think is German !
I have spent a hour in the menu trying to get in the Utilities, but no luck.
Cant see any dip switches or jumpers, so I guess its hard wired with a link some place ?
Cant find anything on Google for setting it back to the UK, any tips ?
Many Thanks
Robert

I haven't got a williams manual infront of me but it's in the settings so don't stress im sure someone will be along very soon to tell you where to go to change it back mate

I have the manual, it looks like its under U. Utilities, but I cant get U. up in the menu, I can get D. T. S. E. B. and have looked in those and cant get U.
I guess Utilities is something else in German, all good fun :)
I have just found the jumpers I have W13,W14,W15,W16,W17 in place

Done this a couple of times, all good fun trying to translate it to go back to English

Normally the language setting is in adjustment. Cycle through that. I'm guessing you have a Germany rom and the machine has set back to factory defaults

i think you need to cut all the jumper wires to reset to English, but wait for someone to confirm it before you go that route

There are jumpers in the cpu that can set the default country. Cut links w15,16 and 17. 18 should already be cut or out for Germany. This sets USA when you cycle the power.

No A, only have D. T. S. E. B

Will keep looking............

Top left near the ribbon connector header. Two banks of vertical components. One lot is resistors the other is the jumpers.

All sorted, cut 15,16,17 and 18 was cut, all back in English now.
One of the reason I did a reset was the volume is a bit heigh, it will go up to the top but only as low as level 8, it will not go lower than 8, is this the minimum volume on these ? I have my others on 2 as I keep them in the conservatory and dont want to rack the neighbours off too much :)

Great Job Thanks Again :)

All sorted, cut 15,16,17 and 18 was cut, all back in English now.
One of the reason I did a reset was the volume is a bit heigh, it will go up to the top but only as low as level 8, it will not go lower than 8, is this the minimum volume on these ? I have my others on 2 as I keep them in the conservatory and dont want to rack the neighbours off too much :)

Great Job Thanks Again :)

You need to go into Adjustments and turn the minimum volume override on :)

(Adjustments -> Standard Adjustments -> Minimum volume override -> YES)

You need to go into Adjustments and turn the minimum volume override on :)

(Adjustments -> Standard Adjustments -> Minimum volume override -> YES)

Great stuff all set up now the way I want it with volume at No3
Full Cliffy Set ordered and Now to get some LED's
Its just to fill the space until I find a Elvis, but seems a fun game.

Thanks for all the help

Glad you got it sorted Rob. I never knew it was jumpered as a German board or I would have sorted it.

The good thing about having these problems is it gets you used to the machine, I have only used the menu on the Stern pins, so this is all a bit different, but its all sorted now and playing nice.

For anyone seeking help with this in future, I think this procedure will work;

• With the game in Attract Mode, open the door and press "Enter"
  • If a 'Test Report' begins, either wait for it to finish or press "Enter" again
  • Press "Up/+" once
  • Press "Enter", then again - display should now show (among other text) '*.1.1'
  • Press either "Up/+" or "Down/-" to reach '*.1.21', which should be the current language
  • Press "Enter", then use "Up" or "Down" to change the selected language
  • Press "Enter" to actually change the selection.
I finally realised that the structure of the WPC Menu system doesn't change, so the steps to access and change the language will always be the same.

Whatever the language in use, the entry point is always at Bookkeeping, so that collecting staff can get the coin meters simply with the Enter button. So from there the steps listed above should reach the Adjustment Menu, then Standard Adjustments, and then Up/Down to find #21, the language adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom