What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye ukpinball - Yahoo groups winding down

A bit before my time but sad none the less. I'm surprised Yahoo have supported groups for as long as they have. Pinballinfo is for the most part a fantastic community of people and hopefully it will be around for the rest of our flipper-filled lives!

A while back I did get a few bits from someone who was not a forum member on the group page,but I think 99% of people use the forum,unless they are banned

I saw some comments about the closure saying they (or he) didn't like using this forum because people hide behind their avatar/member names.....!?

I remember people saying this place would never replace the yahoo group. Well, here it is. Eat thyne hats!

To be honest, it was FAR too 'clicky' that group. I always felt you had to prove your worth before people would even bother replying to you without an heir of snobbery. I did get some stunning pins through it though.

I saw some comments about the closure saying they (or he) didn't like using this forum because people hide behind their avatar/member names.....!?
That and the broken RSS feed on here, whatever that is.

It doesn't take much detective work to figure out who's who, I haven't seen any evidence of people trying to hide their identity.

That and the broken RSS feed on here, whatever that is.

It doesn't take much detective work to figure out who's who, I haven't seen any evidence of people trying to hide their identity.
I disagree about figuring out who is who, I haven't a clue who is behind half the usernames.

Ive got no beef with people having an online identity but I would really appreciate it if there were somewhere on the forum that linked forum name with real name as a reference point.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

To be honest, it was FAR too 'clicky' that group. I always felt you had to prove your worth before people would even bother replying to you without an heir of snobbery.

Any group/forum feels "clicky" when you're new, including this one. I don't remember ever experiencing the snobbery thing though.

I disagree about figuring out who is who, I haven't a clue who is behind half the usernames.

Ive got no beef with people having an online identity but I would really appreciate it if there were somewhere on the forum that linked forum name with real name as a reference point.

Sorry, who is this? :)

I think I've figured out about three people, apart from those that I've met locally. It doesn't help that I don't make the effort to get out to meets and shows like I once did.

I don't think many would object to that, I don't mind having my real name on my profile (it's Marjorie by the way :p )

@Paul what do you think?

I think that would be a really good idea, there was definately a few people at Pinfest I was chatting to who I knew by username but didn't and still don't know their actual names 😂

but I would really appreciate it if there were somewhere on the forum that linked forum name with real name as a reference point.

I can always add a field in the users profile that allows people to update any previous username of something people might recognise them by...??

Any group/forum feels "clicky" when you're new, including this one. I don't remember ever experiencing the snobbery thing though.

Perhaps you were one of those doing the snobbing? …..haha.i kid, I kid.....

I guess that's the thing with a lot of gatherings of like minded folk. People first in tend to feel like they have some sort of ownership of their surroundings, no big deal. I remember many folk not wanting new members due to the fear of rising prices and machine availability. I guess they had some forward thinking there as that's exactly what happened.

his Pinball News updates used to appear in a forum section, but he's never personally appeared here that i know of.

Thats because Martin updated his site and in turn that lost the RSS feed.... hence why the updates stopped...

you should be able to hover over the avatar and it bring up the name. It already has some details.

Been on hear for a while now and took me ages to work out who is who
One off my best mates and long time friend is on here didn't even know his tag for a few months till we were chatting one day
Also yesterday didn't realise a good friend was on here till I read something and they use his real name in some of the post
I don't really see the point in avatars
Telboy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats because Martin updated his site and in turn that lost the RSS feed.... hence why the updates stopped...

Please Please Please Paul O Forummiester ala grande Get rid of all the pointless RSS feeds - if folks want to read those websites they can goto the websites. This forum in my view is about our close knit community. If there are big topics out in webland people will bring them here anyway. (oh and kill the 4 other forums that nobody posts in).

Please Please Please Paul O Forummiester ala grande Get rid of all the pointless RSS feeds - if folks want to read those websites they can goto the websites. This forum in my view is about our close knit community. If there are big topics out in webland people will bring them here anyway. (oh and kill the 4 other forums that nobody posts in).

Yeah RSS are pointless, anything of interested gets posted here anyway

Back
Top Bottom