What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Soldering Station deal at CPC

I don't bother with a particular brand. Somewhere like CPC would only sell good stuff. I just go with standard 60/40 Tin/Lead with flux core. Some thin 0.5mm thick for fine PCB work and some thicker 1.5-2.0mm for chunky connections like mains cables.

Cheers for the recommendation. Been using my cheap as chips handheld iron all night, so going to treat myself to that.

Anyone else shopping note: find the product using the code in the pic (SD0173808) to get it cheaper than the normal price. And £35 is ex vat. It's £41.99 in real money.

Just curious though. What temperature would you guys set this to for your typical board work?

Cheers for the recommendation. Been using my cheap as chips handheld iron all night, so going to treat myself to that.

Anyone else shopping note: find the product using the code in the pic (SD0173808) to get it cheaper than the normal price. And £35 is ex vat. It's £41.99 in real money.

Just curious though. What temperature would you guys set this to for your typical board work?

The lowest temperature at which the solder flows freely. The reason for this is to minimise component and trace damage

I always wondered that. I have this iron and always have it at 400 I think but never tried it lower

Just fixed a battery damaged WPC CPU board I bought off bay for 99p. :)

Always nice to have a working spare.

Back
Top Bottom