What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gonzos Game Room Tour

SeikoKid

Site Supporter
#1 popped up on my feed recently and found myself watching the whole episode. Being new here it was reassuring to hear how it started for another member in detail.
It feels like most people here were born with pinball in their house or grew up in an arcade.
Just wanted to add my thanks for the time spent making it - if it was done to answer questions or give an inside look it certainly hit the spot. Don’t feel such a twit now and that much of a loon for wanting to spend an insane amount of money (compared to most other hobbies) on this
Yes my neighbours and mates just laugh and roll their eyes

I won’t avoid the fact it’s been a difficult path (still) waiting for an initial game ordered last year out of desire and with no connection to pinball, i didn’t even think about pinball again until a few months ago then got hit by this insane urge to get something… that has been tough.

In that brief time i’ve chatted with some nice folk here, bought a couple things that are transient and hopefully if things go well I’ll have a set up i can share, albeit a small one. I’ve collected before but pinball has a social atmosphere i don’t think is found much elsewhere

Hi mate, I assume you're referring to John's which is episode #1 (of 4).

There are also a lot of stories on the chinwags and some very entertaining tales which confirm it's an absolutely bonkers hobby.

As for the social atmosphere compared to other hobbies . . . . . . It's an indoor hobby with a centerpiece which helps I guess? I'm sure there are plenty of good folk who enjoy fishing, golf or whatever but they're spread around a lake or on a golf course. Pinball lends itself to a boozer or hall so it's automatically more sociable.

I'm really looking forward to having a few BBQ's in the summer now the Mancave is finished.

This bloody hobby is ridiculously addictive though. Despite a significant drop in earnings at work and having plenty of lovely games to play I still find myself tempted every time someone lists a machine for sale 😂

Crazy hobby.

Having a pinball machine, an arcade in your summer house and trying to make your own craft beer seems to be the winner atm 😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom