What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone fishin' leave a message

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Had to have yet another shuffle round in the kitchen this morning as my latest project has arrived....Fish Tales :) This does leave me with the problem of having 4 pins and only space for 3 to bet set up at once and as I'm in the middle of shopping out DH I've only got FT to play as you can see....

IMG_1455.jpgIMG_1458.jpgIMG_1460.jpg

Think I've got myself a bit of a bargain as everything seems to work and it plays a great game. Lots of cosmetic work to do on it but the pf may not be as bad as I'd first feared :) I'm going to go for a full resto on this inc new cab decals, pf out and fully stripped (and then possibly swapped out) and maybe try and get a topper for it although I'm not too fussed about the noisy fish!

At some point in the nearish future I'll be looking to sell one of the games or maybe do a 2 for 1 trade up to something else (quite fancy a LOTR) so if people are interested in anything (apart from Shadow) then let me know :rockon:

Cor rikey!! They're breeding at an incredible rate. I love Fishtales sooo much. I'd own another one in a heartbeat. 4 great pins there mate. I'm loving WW by the way. I still can't believe how great the condition is.

Cheers dude, glad your enjoying the WW and hopefully Mike is loving his STTNG so everyone's a winner ;) Only put a few games on the FT so far but really like it, should be a great game once I've finished messing with it.

I am loving STTNG, but it's too cold in the garage to play it at the moment. Got to the final frontier a few times already. Think it'll be staying for a long while, or until somebody posts "bored of my Tron, fancy a STTNG" :)

Can the cannons be adjusted at all? The left one isn't quite returning to the right spot and the ball gets stuck entering it.

Dude there's a FT pf on eBay now. Prob worse than what you've got though!! You could always send it to Henrike for touching up!

These FT are breeding I am sure, they are the pin of the month I think based on how many people have picked them up. I like the game but not so much the theme.
Also, got to love your spirit. You are just knocking out projects at the moment and doing such a good job. :rockon:

Dude there's a FT pf on eBay now. Prob worse than what you've got though!!

Cheers for the pointer mate but your right, the pf that's in mine looks to be in better nick than the one on Ebay.

So the Start button stopped working on FT today. It had not been working 100% for a few days now and needed to be held in for a sec to start a game rather than just the normal push but now it's stopped altogether. I've checked the switch and that seems to be fine and shorting the 2 wires together in Switch Test doesn't register anything. I can't see anything obvious on the CPU board connector or the coin door interface board connector either. I've not spent a huge amount of time looking at this yet (more cleaning of DH parts) but any ideas on what the issue could be or where to check?

Is the button touching the switch? Is the switch clicked in to the button housing all the way? If not as you push the button it doesn't Make contact,or its a duff switch

I wondered whether it was the button not making correct contact with the switch at first so I took the microswitch out of the button housing and just clicked it directly and still not registering in switch test. So then I desoldered the wires from the switch and just touched them together and still nothing. I checked continuity across the switch and that seemed ok when pressed so I don't think it's a duff switch. I'm assuming that just shorting the wires together should show in switch test the same as if the switch was pressed?

right, cmon dude, let's see a pic of the switch matrix for FT.
maybe another switch is also bogus on the same layer or line or whatever?

who you gonna call?
staypuft.jpg

Yep could be a break in the chain elsewhere have you got a schematic book for ft? I have one here if ya want it dude.

I don't have a manual for FT so am just going off the pdf one on IPDB. If you've got an original Dave then I'd love it, how much do I owe you?

Looking at the switch matrix the Start button is on the same column as the following:

- Not Used
- Not Used
- Start Button (doesn't work)
- Plumb Bob Tilt (works)
- Outhole (works)
- Trough 1 (works)
- Trough 2 (works)
- Trough 3 (works)

and in the same row as the below:

- Start Button (doesn't work)
- Ticket Opto (don't know where this is)
- Right Boat Exit (works)
- Left Boat Entry (works)
- Right Jet (haven't checked this yet)
- Top Eject Hole (works)
- Not Used
- Not Used

From what I can tell the wires for the Start button go through the Coin Door Interface board before going back to the CPU board in the backbox.

Edit: There was no diode on the Start button switch either....should it have one?

I've had a look at the connectors and they seemed ok, the wires were in and I reseated them. Haven't checked continuity back to the board yet.....I'll have a look :D

Just had this problem with the shadow.

Check that the MPU is not the problem by shorting the header pins for the start button and check it registers on the switch matrix. If not then repair the board.

Then reflow the connector header pins on the coin door interface board.

Retry. If not fixed then check continunity from the interface board and the switch (in case of broken wire).

Retry. If not fixed then check continunity from the interface board and the MPU (in case of broken wire).

That should sort it... :rockon:

Just about to break out the DMM and have a tinker with this but I have noticed something thats different from the manual straight off. The switch matrix pic shows Strobe on J206 and Return on J209 but in my game the connectors are on J206 and J208. Pinwiki says that J206/J207 and J208/J209 are electronically the same so does that mean you can use either combination and it will still work?

Sorted ;) Reflowed the solder on the Start Button pins and diode on the Coin Door Interface board and it's working. Unfortunately that means I've got to go back to cleaned DH parts :p

Cheers for the help guys...once again the forum comes together to solve another pin related mystery :grouphug:

Dave, I would be interested in that FT schematics manual, I'll PM you. Also if anyone's got an original manual that they'd be happy to sell then please give me a shout.

Back
Top Bottom