What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden arrow

Geordy

Registered
Hi everyone. Newbie here, used to working with mechanical bandits but always wanted a pinball.

Has anyone on here got a Gottleib Golden Arrow playfield, or overlay for sale ?

Dave

Ok, bit of an update. A few of you had already commented in the past on a golden arrow with a terrible paint job, well I’m the one who just bought it. Mechanically it is fine, but it’s not just the playfield that was awful, the back glass has also had a few coats of paint over it which rendered most of the lights useless. Well happily someone responded to my previous message and offered me another complete golden arrow but minus a transformer. The playfield is original as is the back glass, so I’m not setting out of the best restoration I can do with my skills..

Wow mate. To be honest, the original mangled playfield is now so wrapped up in infamy, you're going to have to preserve it for the sake of future generations.

Its as important a piece as Monkey Jesus!

The cabinet is in good condition, although not painted correctly either, so I thought why not , I like a challenge. Thinking of scanning the better playfield and trying to make an overlay for the mangled one.

Initially I will get one good machine from these two. The machine with the “monkey Jesus” paintwork has good electrics and cabinet. The second machine had a good playfield and good backglass.
I now intend to scan the good playfield before I restore it, so I have the option of printing a new overlay for the second machine if I decide to make another cabinet. This is my first attempt to restore a pinball, would I be right in thinking the serial numbers are printed on the edge of the playfield ?

This is my first attempt to restore a pinball, would I be right in thinking the serial numbers are printed on the edge of the playfield ?
There is a database to submit machine serials, you may be interested in the pics from Golden Arrow stamped above the coin door - nobody in the UK has submitted yet. I'm pretty sure I saw the Arch Certificate being reproduced recently if tatty or missing. Good luck with the restore I'd like to get my hands on a Gottleib EM one day 👍
https://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=1044

Back
Top Bottom