What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Arrow

sgcox1

Registered
Hi can any one give me any pointers my pin will not start the game , everything resets but will not start.thanks

Is the start button working (no wires fallen off, broken switch etc). Have a look at the schematic and check that all of the various relays and switches are in the correct positions to start a game (everything resets, so I'm assuming the score reels are ok but check things like the game over relay, ball count relay etc) :thumbs:

Hi,

A single-player Gottlieb game such as Golden Arrow has a (comparatively) simple 'Ball Count Unit', usually in the back box. The release coil of this is pulsed during the reset sequence, and the unit flies back to a 'zero' position, with none of the Ball In Play lamps lit, though the Game Over lamp will have gone out. If this is where your game is, then the ball is probably still in the out-hole, under the card holder. Power for the flippers and most of the solenoids doesn't appear until the Ball Count unit steps up to '1', which happens when the ball is thrown from the outhole into the shooter lane, closing a switch on the feeding track. For whatever reason, the outhole solenoid isn't operating, so if you have a schematic, concentrate on that circuit, beginning with the outhole switch.

Sorry for not posting all my electrics blew to my she'd and have just rewired and got power back on so can test my pin,if I turn the ball count to 1 it will release the ball in to the shooter lane but game does not start or ball in play, if I manually put score on when I reset ball 3 light comes on briefly t hen nothing,every t hinge resets but just can not get game t start.
Is the hold relay supposed to stay powered on all the time ? Can not seem to find any one Wigan way who looks at these.
Thanks

Yes, once the hold relay is energised (during the reset sequence) it should stay on, unless the game is tilted. Even if the machine is turned off, when it's back on the relay can be pushed in manually to return to the same point, even mid-game, as before.

I had a tilt issue but changed the wiring and it powered up yo this stage the hold relay does not buzz, what do I need to check for the power to this.
Steve
Thanks for replying.

Steve,

You'd ideally need to check through the circuit for the relay, though it wasn't unknown for the relay winding to fail due to it being continually On. At the moment the only part of the circuit which I recall is a contact on the Hold relay frame itself, used to 'lock' it in place once it was pulsed.

Thanks will have a look t h is weekend hold my Hans up to this one 1st pin struggling with this problem will perceive on.
Thanks will let you know how I get on.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom