What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godzilla Flipper Fade ?

Bulla

Site Supporter
Playing Godzilla multiplayer for over an hour last night and the upper left flipper started behaving strangely.

You could still use it and it was making the loops but very slow to return to its resting position. The bottom flippers were fine but I do have fans on those. All Coil stops and sleeves were changed a couple of weeks ago and everything checked and tightened.

Powered on this morning and it’s fine again see second vid. Is this just fade ?

Attachments

• IMG_2080.mov
    27.8 MB
  • IMG_2081.mov
    16.2 MB
Fade is diminishing power over time as the coil heats up, doesn't affect flipper return. Assuming the return spring hasn't come off I'd guess the flipper is a little tight on the through playfield bushing. There should be a little lift in the flipper if you pull it up vertically ( 0.7mm the quoted figure but about 1mm is fine ).

Thanks Kevlar, if it was the spring or tightness wouldn’t that always be the case ? It was certainly fine for an hour or so and is back to normal this morning.

Thanks Kevlar, if it was the spring or tightness wouldn’t that always be the case ? It was certainly fine for an hour or so and is back to normal this morning.
Maybe. Easy test though, just take the glass off and play with the flipper. You'll definitely feel if the spring is still attached. And check there's lift there.

No, as the coil gets hotter it can move slightly putting the plunger at a slightly different angle. It's miniscule but if you don't have much room between the flipper bat and the bushing it can bind .

The big clue is you changed the coil stop, sleeves and tightened stuff. Nothing else has changed so that I'd pointing to the above .

I had a similar issue where I've rebuilt a flipper, not left enough wiggle room, it's played fine for weeks until we had a comp where it got much more intensive play then started binding.

Back
Top Bottom