What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glass Lubricant?

Steve

Registered
I bought replacement plastic side rail channels for my IJ and the glass is a pain to slide out?

Normally you have to stop it from sliding down on it's own but this is a p.i.t.a to get out. Maybe the grooves are a tad under sized but I don't fancy pulling off the side rails to replace them.

has anyone found a lubricant/fix to help the glass slide more easily?

could do with that in my MOP as there is an annoying ratlle - where did ya get them from mate?
Personally I would leave it mate,as glass dont have to be out that often?

could do with that in my MOP as there is an annoying ratlle - where did ya get them from mate?
Personally I would leave it mate,as glass dont have to be out that often?

I bought the new rails from Andy. It's not just tight, it won't come out without using a pry. Not a good idea with glass!

Edit: I found a tiny bottle of silicon fluid for use with crash helmet visors. Run a drop down each side and the glass glides up and down smooth as a baby's bum!

I was going to say that the silicon fluid for visors would probably work very well. I hope we don't read a post about it sliding out too quickly and crashing on the floor.

I was going to say that the silicon fluid for visors would probably work very well. I hope we don't read a post about it sliding out too quickly and crashing on the floor.

Haha, it's good Geoff, but not that good!

I reckon I'd have time to pop in the kitchen, make a cup of tea and a bacon butty and still be back in time to catch it.

Back
Top Bottom