What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glasgow Pintables.

pintableuser

Registered
I've never been one for "Shopping" No, not that type!!!!!.... i.e. looking at and buying clothes and other accessories. At such times I usually side-step-off to a nearby pub with my morning paper to await the return of the Alpha female.

This week I returned to my new "Mans' parking area"....... A Pinball Oasis inside HMV Buchanan Street Glasgow. Tel: 0141 353 2993..... . Seven pinballs in the present line-up:- Revenge from Mars.....AC/DC....Avengers.......Family Guy.....Star Trek, Raven and Secret Service. The selection of pins differed from my last visit and shows excellent route and maintenance practices by the operator (Paisley Pinball).

Speaking to the HMV assistant he advised me that there were Five(5) more pins inside the HMV in Argyle Street shop, (but couldn't remember the titles), and maybe more at HMV, The Fort Shopping Centre. .........

Much to my surprise my sons have reliably informed me of others sited in pubs......... Rockus(AC/DC),..... King Tuts Wah Wah Hut (Rolling Stones)....... and several more in venues around Glasgow......

Mmmmmh... I think I may start enjoying shopping more as I intend to schedule a visit n play every sited pin in the city with relevant update to Pinformer.

If anyone knows of any unlisted hard to find pins on Site in and around Glasgow let me know and I will plan a visit. Cheers.

HMV Buchanan Street Glasgow..... Current Pintable line-up 26/09/13

ACDC......Avengers....... Family Guy...... DE Star Trek.......Raven...... Secret Service........RFM

The Avengers was not in service due to what looked like a ball trough issue.
The RFM was not in service.... out of the line off to the side.

All on 3ball games.......£1 game for newer machines 50P/game for classics.

HMV Buchanan street 260913.JPG

HMV Argyle Street Glasgow.......... Current pintable line-up 26/09/13

DE Star Wars......South Park.....Mettalica........Dr Dude........Sega Jurassic Park Lost World

Mettalica temporarily out of service due to jammed coin mech...... choked with..,, 5p!!!!

All machines Tip-Top well presented and play strong except where mentioned.

HMV Argyle St 260913.JPG

check out the glare on that SP backbox, mine was just the same - easy fix though ....... (off topic sorry)

you are lucky buggers up there, i live in London and we have less tables than that all over, and we are supposed to be the biggest city and the most people etc etc etc grumble mumble grumble

All courtesy of ....... Paisely Pinball...... introducing Pinball to the masses....expanding North n South ... BIG Respect. :)

Appreciated,,,If n when you find or know of others in Glasgow..... I'll give them a test run n add them to the list of previously unknowns. Cheers.

That's pretty much your lot I'm afraid. There is a Simpsons Pinball Party in Reardons pool hall, a Tommy in LoveMusic and a Metallica in Solid Rock Cafe.
The Rolling Stones is no longer in King Tuts. They have refurbed the place and got rid of the pinball as it needed maintenance too often.

HMV at The Fort Shopping Centre, Glasgow..... bout 3miles from city centre.

The Fort.JPG

The Simpsons Pinball Party........ Lord Of The Rings........ Super Mario Bros.

I'm strangely attracted to LOTR.....maybe its so slow it allows you to play for longer???

The manager in this store must have an aversion to sound!!!!!!........ all machines on whisper.... are they not allowed to compete with the in-store sounds?????. TSPP had no sound at-all. Games play well and nicely turned out.

Last edited:
In HMV Buchanan St currently :

Williams Revenge From Mars
Stern ACDC
Stern Family Guy
Stern Avatar
Data East Star Trek
Gottlieb Gold Wings
Gottlieb Raven

Also spotted lately :

Stern Avatar in Jacksons Bar (Cambridge Street). Complete with a plastic taken from TOTAN! lol

Sega Star Wars Trilogy in Geek Retreat (Union Street)

Back
Top Bottom