What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad I didn't win

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
Rarely do I utter such words but today I am glad I didn't, I placed a bid on that mint Stern Indiana Jones on ebay about a week ago and it looked as if I was going to win with the opening bid of £1500, my solitary bid had been there all week so today I did some homework to establish why, I went on Pinside and trawled through all the reviews, the first scary thing I noticed was that it was not in the top 100 (that was a bit of a hint), after a grim read it became apparent that 99% of the people who had played it though it was total ****e, reoccurring words were: boring, poor Photoshop artwork, the worst Stern ever made, repetitive, a one shot pin, ridiculous multiball, avoid etc etc.

There was a sigh of relief when I got out bid in the closing minutes, has anyone played this pin? Is it really that bad?, is Gilligan’s Island better??

Still worth £1500 - easy.

Played it a few times and it's not that bad. I actually like the multiball comming out of the ark.

maybe not the best pin but I can think of several worse ones.

Think it suffers from the obvious comparison to the 90s one and people slate it because of that.

On the topic of bad Sterns, just got around to playing Transformers last weekend. Stuck 2 quid in and lets just say I didn't feel the need to put any more in....

If it ain't worth playing then it's not worth the valuable space it occupies at any price, at least I don't have to try and palm it off on someone else who is oblivious to how crap it is
wink-1.png

I quite enjoyed it - and i was tempted - however wrong time of the month (or rather, year!). How much did it go for in the end?

Hi there chief, £2,101, I would rather spend the mulla on a better title although I have to agree that a modern mint rare Stern for 2K seems cheap until you switch it on
biggrin-1.png

There's one in a pub near me and it's not that bad to go and chuck a few quid in now and then, don't think I'd want to own one though. Even at £1500 there are plenty of other pins at that price that I'd rather have. Ark multiball is by far and away the best thing about it
smile-1.png

The Ark multiball soon gets tiring and every thing else follows very soon after that.

Not Sterns best by a long shot.

You would have thought they would have learned from A13 that loads of balls on multiball is totally pointless.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that they didn't finish the code for it either so it doesn't have a wizard mode....does that sound right?

Code was far from finished and not a snowball's chance in Hell of ever being finished. :mad:

Another unfinished Pinball from Stern.

Back
Top Bottom