What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gilligan's island discs (suggest 1 album)

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
NOT PINBALL RELATED.

I need some musical direction & inspiration...

Got some long train & possibly plane journeys on the horizon, so I'm seeking some listening suggestions.

Can each member (who can be ****d) post their single favourite/most influential Album - artist & title - please?

I'm reasonably open minded. Finding all these steaming services just overwhelming, so tend to listen to BBC Radio's 1, 2, 4, & 6 (not Xtra) when at home, plus some international Internet stations for a change of scene, depending on the shows.

I was born in 1980, if that matters.

My favourite film is 2001: A Space Odyssey, which features a fantastically appropriate classical soundtrack.

No slagging each other's musical tastes off (you slags)!

I would struggle to single out my favourite album. So instead, here is the first album I ever brought, the last album I brought and the album I associate as the definitive album/ sounds of my youth.

First – Travelling Without Moving by Jamiroquai

Last – 24K Magic by Bruno Mars

Definitive album/ sounds of my youth – Dookie by Green Day

So many good albums and bands out there. It’s impossible to pick out just one.

An album I’ve always loved (but rarely listen to now) was New Model Army’s “Thunder and Consolation”.

Biffy - Live At Wembley.jpg

This album always sticks out as a masterpiece to me - it's a live album from a band who's energy in my opinion makes them a cut above - incredibly tight as they should be for a group who have been together as long as they have.

This album came at the perfect time, I had just started a longer commute to work, and I could devour it multiple times in a week. Everything just clicked for me with this one. You may get the same experience, but you may also think it's a steaming pile. That's the beauty of music. Hopefully, you will enjoy.

Moonflower by Santana, Best live album
Strangers Almanac by Whiskeytown
Harlequin dream by Boy & Bear
Rhine gold by the Chior of young believers
Everything must go by Steely Dan
I cant come by the Snivelling ****s
Dream come true by The Brand New heavies

Sorry cant stop :)

The Pleasure Principle by Gary Numan.
As well as being a classic album it is worth a listen to see if you can spot the number of samples that have been lifted off it.

Distilling down to one album is very tricky. I left school at morning break to buy this one the day it was released ....

Disintegration - The Cure

Back
Top Bottom