What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI fuse keeps blowing

I would start at the very beginning, ensuring that the voltage to the playfield is correct, meter across these pins and report back.

Screenshot 2019-06-02 at 17.32.01.png

When doing it - almost try and clear out the holder too, something may have gotten in there, and causing a short, it's unlikely as would pop straight away, but makes sense whilst fiddling.

Haven't seen the gorilla issue yet tbh will have a look later.

Lol in true pinball spirit so far my testing of the problem line hasn’t popped the bloody fuse yet. So far I’ve taken all the bulbs out of that line then put 1 in the end socket left for 10 then moved it to the next socket and repeat. Didn’t blow once, so now I’m gradually adding them all and waiting 10 mins for each one. Over half way and hasn’t blown. I know full well it will lull me into a false sense of security and wait till I think it’s all ok

Any joy, did you do the cleanout method?

Nowt to clean out as they are push ins not that I’ve found anyway. Got to the last 3 sockets and it’s started blowing even after putting new sockets on. One of the wires is abit short and raggedy so might replace that bit tomoz

The push in as in the fin type, or push and twist? The push and twist can harbour solder etc. so turn them and isopropyl and cotton bud clean.

Check no breaks on the wire and electric tape up.

Can you post a picture of the last 3 that cause the issue.

How many lamps are in the string in total.

Put it in GI test and operate each string separately. Make sure there isn’t a wiring fault that causes two strings to illuminate at the same time. This will double the load on the fuse and blow it.

I think there are 16 in that chain cheers Andy will try that.

These 3 seem to be where it’s blowing I I’ve replaced 2 but it still does it. Even replaced a section of the wire as it had a few splits in the the plastic but still does it.

5a558e6a76e4a80192e850b5c41fd96a.jpg

What colour is that wire below the new piece bottom left. Can you send a wider shot of the area?

You might also find it useful to use your meter in current mode, and insert it into the circuit from time to time to measure the current flowing at each stage. Don’t leave the meter in for long periods as they’re not designed for that.

Back
Top Bottom