What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost in my TAF

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
So a week ago the swamp on my taf started randomly activating (you know the bubbling sound effect) but I switched it on yesterday and the bookcase opto's were going mad. In switch test it behaves as the attached video. Anyone have any ideas where to start?

Attachments

• TAF.wmv
    5.3 MB · Views: 12
I can't watch the video, stupid Apple devices, but then again how can .wmv files exist in the modern age? Really?

Anyway, it sounds like the CPU is behaving badly perhaps, assuming nothing obvious is triggering the behaviour. Have you tried jiggling the chip and checked the batteries?

Start with the usual stuff. Reseat the ribbon cables and all the connectors at the bottom of the CPU board.

Looks like a dodgy wire (or connector) to/from the 7 opto PCB switch assembly. Put the game in switch mode and see if the LED on the board is lit first then wiggle connectors/wires to see if the fault is replecated.

Went to play TAF tonight completely forgetting about this problem. Re-seated everything with no change so disassembled the bookcase to check the wiring etc but nothing wrong :hmm: then I remembered about the 7 switch opto board under the playfield. I took it off and cleaned the pins reflowing the solder and it seems this was the culprit, happy days

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

Matt.

Back
Top Bottom