What's new

Getaway Up/Down Ramp Error

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Hi Guys, been doing some work on a Getaway and it now all works apart from 1 thing - the rear diverter ramp has an error - in gameplay it constantly pops up but will not stay up (So every second or two the coil is firing pushing the ramp up but not keeping it in place). It wasn't working at all before because I had a single wire off, now I've soldered that back on I have this issue. Taken a few pics - can anyone verify this is the correct wiring for the diverter?

i.imgur.com_AtoWDUo.jpg

i.imgur.com_EAPZUiE.jpg

Ta!

I had this issue with my getaway when I first got it. I can't remember exactly how i adjusted it but it was the mechanical catch that held it up needed adjusting then it worked fine. I think there was a spring that had got bent too and needed replacing/fixing

Hi I have just looked at mine, when powered off try manually lifting the ramp and see if it stays up if not it's the latching mechanism as Chris mentioned. Check the small coil is freely working (power off) press the top of the relay it should engage and release easily.

Let me know if you need anything checking

Looks to me like you've wired one of the coils the wrong way round... :eek: :hmm:

Except Cursaw's photo is the same configuration so it looks like you've got them on correctly.

Put in switch test and verify the switch in each position (ramp up/down), sounds like it may be stuck on or off.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone - @chris b was on the money - mechanical fault. I found the screw that holds the bottom of the small coil in place was loose, and that was preventing the ramp from locking in place. Tightened it up and ramp now locks in place no problem! Just played a few games and it's now all working as it should.

Back
Top Bottom