What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genie

Dekatracy

Registered
Alias
Derek
Hi have just purchased a Genie and have no experience fixing this type of game so trying to find some info out , the 2amp fuse keeps blowing under the game deck any ideas please.
Also what does the function of this board cheers

Attachments

• 20220813_141219.jpg
    20220813_141219.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220815_192823.jpg
    20220815_192823.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 27
Hi have just purchased a Genie and have no experience fixing this type of game so trying to find some info out , the 2amp fuse keeps blowing under the game deck any ideas please.
Also what does the function of this board cheers
Pretty sure that board is the power board.

Follow the wires and see what the fuse feeds... I guess it may be a pop bumper or two.

The second picture is indeed the power supply for the game. I would invest in a new one.

A fuse under the playfield like that is most likely to be protecting solenoids. Do any of the coil windings look burnt or damaged? Does anything 'kick' in the moment before the fuse blows up?

Early Gottlieb solid-state games used a mixture of control methods for solenoids; many are switched by transistor devices on the driver board, but slingshots retained an electro-mechanical type of switching. The switches closed by the rubber bands complete the coil circuit, with the Game Over relay providing a cut-off when not in play. Thumper bumpers I'm not sure about, though. Later Gottlieb games have a small (credit-card size) circuit board under the playfield for each bumper, but the earliest type doesn't, as I recall. Look at the contacts of the bumper switches - if they're really heavy contact points, and there's another separate switch operated by the bumper linkage, they're similar to the slingshots. If the switching contacts are small, gold-plated ones, the bumpers are transistor controlled.

Last edited:
A fuse under the playfield like that is most likely to be protecting solenoids. Do any of the coil windings look burnt or damaged? Does anything 'kick' in the moment before the fuse blows up?

Early Gottlieb solid-state games used a mixture of control methods for solenoids; many are switched by transistor devices on the driver board, but slingshots retained an electro-mechanical type of switching. The switches closed by the rubber bands complete the coil circuit, with the Game Over relay providing a cut-off when not in play. Thumper bumpers I'm not sure about, though. Later Gottlieb games have a small (credit-card size) circuit board under the playfield for each bumper, but the earliest type doesn't, as I recall. Look at the contacts of the bumper switches - if they're really heavy contact points, and there's another separate switch operated by the bumper linkage, they're similar to the slingshots. If the switching contacts are small, gold-plated ones, the bumpers are transistor controlled.
Thanks I decided to sell the machine now as I'm finding it a bit of a nightmare but not sure what to ask for a Genie for spares or repair any ideas cheers

Back
Top Bottom