What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General opinions (could be wrong forum..)

ScoopsUK

Registered
Apologies if this is the wrong forum, happy for a mod to move this. Just after some opinions from the experts here regarding some machines. I have played plenty of pinball but I haven't owned one. Partly due to space of course but I am looking to move so I should have enough space for a table. Many tables stick in the mind but taking budget into account (who doesn't like MM or Circus Voltaire but they are cost prohibitive) but I wonder if any ex-owners should shed some light on the following tables:

Tales of the Arabian Nights
Bridge of Pinbot
Centaur
Space Shuttle (Williams)

I know how they play of course but what are realistic prices to pay and what are they like to own (home use only) and, more importantly, repair. Should the be avoided for a novice? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Oh really? I wasn't sure as it isn't a machine I have seen come up that often although I am not looking constantly - was hoping it was one that flew under the radar! :)

Thanks for the heads up though!

Few places to try for values pinpedia then auction results then narrow search to UK but watch out for dates a few are a little old and you’ve no idea on condition
http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/151/prices?c=gb
A good indication is on here
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-how-much-is-this-table-worth-thread.5286/

Probably talking around the £1500-2000 for a players one? Depending on condition not seen many on your list for a while? Might be considerably more for a minter!
Tales of the Arabian Nights- think last one was £3500? And that was a few years ago they rarely come up.
Bridge of pinbot (bride of pinbot BOP) a few projects have made £1000, not seen a good example for ages probably £1500-2000?
Centaur not seen one for ages £1200 upwards?
Space Shuttle (Williams) I think Sgt GrizZ nabbled the last one around the £1500 mark?

If possible play before you buy. There may not be any such thing as a totally dreadful table but different tables click with different people.

Personally I’m not a huge fan of any of the ones you listed but others will love them.

Don’t over think it or hold out for a specific title. Do a bit of research and if one comes up at a reasonable price then grab it. Play it. Enjoy it. Then flog it and get a different one. There’s no such thing as a perfect table. Even the top rated ones feel stale after a while

Good luck in your hunt

Not being fixed on a precise title is the way forward imho. See something in your price range (and that is not overpriced or you will loose at when trying it sell it on), get it, play it, when you are bored with it, move it on. Get a new one. And so on. You shouldn't loose too much doing so and even if you do, think about the fun you have had. No hobby is free after all.
That way you'll get to explore various eras, various manufacturers and plenty of machines.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, happy for a mod to move this. Just after some opinions from the experts here regarding some machines. I have played plenty of pinball but I haven't owned one. Partly due to space of course but I am looking to move so I should have enough space for a table. Many tables stick in the mind but taking budget into account (who doesn't like MM or Circus Voltaire but they are cost prohibitive) but I wonder if any ex-owners should shed some light on the following tables:

Tales of the Arabian Nights
Bridge of Pinbot
Centaur
Space Shuttle (Williams)

I know how they play of course but what are realistic prices to pay and what are they like to own (home use only) and, more importantly, repair. Should the be avoided for a novice? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Tales - silly money
Bride - 1400+
Centaur - 1200+
Shuttle - 1000+

In terms of home use/lastability personally I'd go....

Centaur > Shuttle > Bride

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom