What's new

Gen Illumination Question

AndyB53

Banned
Registered
Does any General illimination light when a WPC game is switched on. I have bought a Getaway without a CPU abut on power on I am currently getting no GI at all (not even coin door) but do get randon dots on the DMD is there any way to test the DMD without a CPU fitted? (I have one on order from Phil Palmer)
Has anyone got an overview of the wiring?

Does any General illimination light when a WPC game is switched on. I have bought a Getaway without a CPU abut on power on I am currently getting no GI at all (not even coin door) but do get randon dots on the DMD is there any way to test the DMD without a CPU fitted? (I have one on order from Phil Palmer)
Has anyone got an overview of the wiring?

Why would you bother to switch it on without a CPU?

Didn’t I reply to this question yesterday?

The power board is blanked until the cpu boots. Nothing goes out of the power board until the cpu boots.

No.

You can only test the dmd in a machine with a cpu. Otherwise it hasn’t a clue what to display so displays either nothing or junk.

A data east or Sega game in comparison has a separate cpu controller, so gets a boot up screen and then controlled blank screen if the main cpu is not running.

Didn’t I reply to this question yesterday?

The power board is blanked until the cpu boots. Nothing goes out of the power board until the cpu boots.
Thank you for a sensible answer. (didnt get it yesterday)
I thought it may be something like that but was thinking maybe some lamps would illuminate. As for the question why I would want to power it up before it had a CPU. It is both simple and logical. All the other boards are in a box and currently unconnected. I was trying to ascertain without using a DVM if the transformer etc was good. I have CPU on way along with all Electrolytics and Bridge Recs for all boards. The Molex were as usual in need of re-soldering all now done and all caps etc removed (without screwing the plate thru's) CPU new Legs and LED Kit ordered . Will take pics this week if people are interested Will wait till working before getting colour DMD

Back
Top Bottom