What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gauging interest - ‘Rose Bank Pinball’ London matchplay in March

Would you be interested in attending a Rose Bank Pinball event in March?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

VeeMonroe

Registered
I’m gauging interest in @MadMonzer and I running a (small) matchplay tournament in March at our house in Greenwich while PBR is shut (pending a new venue).

I’d be looking at Sunday 10th March (childcare willing). There aren’t any other events on the calendar that weekend and we should temporarily have seven working pins while we’re renting an Elton John. Also, hopefully, my shoulder will be a bit better by then.

We’re not a super-huge venue, but thought it might help with the community while PBR is shut! :)

Please let me know if anyone would be up for that. I can register for WPPR points, if helpful, but my understanding of the rules changes is that it’s hard to get many WPPR points from small events, so possibly not the best idea.

Pins are/should be:

Godzilla Prem
JP2 Prem
TNA CE
AFM
Fish Tales
Centaur
[Elton John - on rental]

Awesome you're considering running events! Always need more comps no matter how small.

I can register for WPPR points, if helpful, but my understanding of the rules changes is that it’s hard to get many WPPR points from small events, so possibly not the best idea.

How many players and how many games played is the key. It's always worth registering with the IFPA, not everyone has lots of points so small events serve a purpose.

Awesome you're considering running events! Always need more comps no matter how small.

How many players and how many games played is the key. It's always worth registering with the IFPA, not everyone has lots of points so small events serve a purpose.
I’ve just speed-registered the event with the IFPA calendar with a website link to this thread, as I realise today is the last opportunity to put it into the calendar! Thanks for the heads-up!

I’m told it‘s £1 to submit results, so - even if it’s free catering - attendees will need to pay at least £1 to enter.

Maximum 28 people because there are only seven machines, although I suspect I’ll get fewer than that.

It’s now up for pre-registration for Matchplay. I’ve done all this in a massive rush, having realised I need to submit to the IFPA calendar today - so, more details will follow.

I’m currently checking with @philpalmer that he’s okay with Elton John being used for a small tournament, and so on.

Watch this space.

I’m gauging interest in @MadMonzer and I running a (small) matchplay tournament in March at our house in Greenwich while PBR is shut (pending a new venue).

I’d be looking at Sunday 10th March (childcare willing). There aren’t any other events on the calendar that weekend and we should temporarily have seven working pins while we’re renting an Elton John. Also, hopefully, my shoulder will be a bit better by then.

We’re not a super-huge venue, but thought it might help with the community while PBR is shut! :)

Please let me know if anyone would be up for that. I can register for WPPR points, if helpful, but my understanding of the rules changes is that it’s hard to get many WPPR points from small events, so possibly not the best idea.

Pins are/should be:

Godzilla Prem
JP2 Prem
TNA CE
AFM
Fish Tales
Centaur
[Elton John - on rental]

Pins are/should be:

Godzilla Prem
JP2 Prem
TNA CE
AFM
Fish Tales
Centaur
[Elton John - on rental]
Hi Vee - I'm up for this one but in a bit of a loop trying to register. Can see it on IFPA and also Matchplay but latter not showing me a Register option? Thanks. Roy

Hi Vee - I'm up for this one but in a bit of a loop trying to register. Can see it on IFPA and also Matchplay but latter not showing me a Register option? Thanks. Roy
I’ll need to set it up :) Just save the date :)

Okay, thanks. In my diary. We live in Nottingham but my wife was born in Greenwich and mother-in-law is in Morden College care home so we are back down in Blackheath every 2-3 weekends and that's one of them so perfect timing and location.
Hi Vee, Just checked Matchplay and I can see there is a Register button now but getting this message. Perhaps another step needed to make this active? Hope you are enjoying Elton John.

Can’t register​

Registration for this event is not available at this time.

Hi Vee, Just checked Matchplay and I can see there is a Register button now but getting this message. Perhaps another step needed to make this active? Hope you are enjoying Elton John.

Can’t register​

Registration for this event is not available at this time.
I've just logged in and pressed a button that says 'enable registration', so try now and it should hopefully work :) 🤞

Sorry about this, folks - I haven't used this software before :oops:

When you register, it probably won't give you the address, so - if you don't have it - please contact me. A few people were here last year for London and SE League. Would be nice to know approximate numbers to provide food :)

I've just logged in and pressed a button that says 'enable registration', so try now and it should hopefully work :) 🤞

Sorry about this, folks - I haven't used this software before :oops:

When you register, it probably won't give you the address, so - if you don't have it - please contact me. A few people were here last year for London and SE League. Would be nice to know approximate numbers to provide food :)
Yes, all good now and I'm registered. Yes, address please. If food then veggie option appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom