What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones code

JAG555

Site Supporter
Hello,

Given that the Game of Thrones series finishes on Monday, what do you think the chances are of Stern updating the code to include some of the story (ahem!) developments?

It would be good if they could do just one more code entry, just to tie in with the conclusion of the show.

I guess it's strange basing a pinball on a series that hadn't finished, as opposed to a film based pinball, which is finished and you know the story.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Somewhere close to **** all chance I suspect.

If they wanted to use any of the later film clips then Gary would have to pay some money over which we all know he’s pretty adverse to doing

I’d settle for a code update that makes the fire button viable for any of the houses apart from martel

I believe that an update is already being worked on to smooth out the scoring and not have some of the houses as overpowered - little to no chance of any new 'storyline' or graphics being added though

@johnwhitfield Choose Greyjoy then you can use the action button as soon as you defeat Martel ;) I agree though Martel is pretty much the only house you seen chosen in comps, although I always preferred to play as Greyjoy

It’s a good point about the fire button and it would be good to see this improved.

I am normally Stark, so I will have to have a few goes with different houses.

I still feel the game lacks that last killer polish. Nothing that I can put my finger on but it just doesn’t quite make it up to the same heights as AC/DC and TWD.

I still wouldnt be surprised if this game ends up being reissued as a vault edition featuring a proper screen given how important the visuals are in the show. No idea if the logistics work for this. Can a spike 2 cpu run spike1 stuff?

The classic mistake you're making is believing that Stern gives a crap about any property or theme beyond how much money it might make them.

I still feel the game lacks that last killer polish. Nothing that I can put my finger on but it just doesn’t quite make it up to the same heights as AC/DC and TWD.

I still wouldnt be surprised if this game ends up being reissued as a vault edition featuring a proper screen given how important the visuals are in the show. No idea if the logistics work for this. Can a spike 2 cpu run spike1 stuff?

I can see that happening!

NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted new GoT code version 1.36 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This comprehensive code update contains many exciting new features as listed below and in the attachment found here - https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/GoT-2019-Update-Summary.pdf

Game of Thrones Update Summary:
1. New house choices – Targaryen and Random
2. New Action Button abilities for each house
3. PREM/LE - Castle Multiball scoring and choreography was greatly
improved.
4. PREM/LE - Collecting a Castle during house modes will complete the house
you are playing.
5. PREM/LE - The upper playfield multipliers are now separate from the
lower playfield multipliers. Shooting the castle corner increases them
for a short time.
6. Added an adjustment setting to force all players to play the same house.
This is good for tournaments.
7. Many new speech calls
8. Bugs fixed and polish added

Pro – v1.36

Premium - v1.36

LE - v1.36

Great news that they’ve looked at finally making the button worthwhile for the houses

If collecting a castle also completes a house it’s just become a lot easier to get to the end modes

Looking forward to installing the code later

NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted new Game of Thrones code version v1.37.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This code update contains bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish.

Pro – v1.37.0

Premium - v1.37.0

LE - v1.37.0

The new code is great. The change to the top level multiball makes it far more worthwhile to go for.

Good to hear the new call outs.

Back
Top Bottom