What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game for village fete

DRD

Registered
I am helping out by taking a game for the marquee.

The best game for kids that I own is scared stiff, but I would have to remove the head to get it out of my house, which I am reluctant to do. I would also have to remove the heads to get addams, twilight or shadow out

6 of my games are readily accessible right now

Funhouse
Centaur
Vector
Paragon
Fathom
World Poker Tour. Actually still sat in my van

No way am I moving banzai run, unless a bevy of pinball loving supermodels are expected to turn up with their cheerleader and underwear model mates

Which game would you take please ? Of this lot, I reckon Funhouse is the pragmatic choice.

The money taken will go to the church. There will be a modest prize for the winner

Thanks

Do the business and take the Addams. And screw the church, put it on 50p a go and give it to charity :thumbs:.

Thanks guys.

I have had to "borrow" the coin door and interface board from my Addams as my funhouse had a three slot german door with a simpler interface board.

Also had to borrow the metal mounting frame and front lug for the coin box

Bit of a faff, but I figured out through trial and error how to get it going using the custom pricing setting. This ascribes units per coin. You then set how many units per credit

Set at 3x 20p one game
1x £1 two games

Have moved outlane posts to make it easier. Allowed extra balls. Set on 5 ball. I have reset high scores and set them at 3 million and below. Advanced rudy's clock to make multiballs easier

Will get a prize from the tombola stall for the highest score

Have never done this sort of thing before. Also knocked up a pricing card offering games for hire, you never know someone might call

Will be intrigued to see how much it takes.
image.jpg

A massive 16.60!

Given the risks involved, transporting th game over 50m of lawn. The time it took....

I would rather have put 20 quid in the collection tin

We had heavy rain though, so I played safe and put It under a marquee at the far end of the lawn. This was not the ideal location, but a game getting soaked was not ideal either.

IMG_20160709_184008.jpg

A couple of kids really took to it. One might now get involved with the midlands league.

We have a few events in the vaillage hall. This would be so much easier to deal with and would get better passing trade. So I will give it another stab

I took a black rose to a village fair once and got about £2.50.
The next year took a flintstones and just let em play for free.

The few kids that have played my games seem to like scared stiff the best - spinning spider, leAping frogs, boney beast ramp. But others like the shadow as it has a gun on the front of it

A massive 16.60!

Given the risks involved, transporting th game over 50m of lawn. The time it took....

We had heavy rain though, so I played safe and put It under a marquee at the far end of the lawn. This was not the ideal location, but a game getting soaked was not ideal either.

View attachment 32499

A couple of kids really took to it. One might now get involved with the midlands league.

We have a few events in the vaillage hall. This would be so much easier to deal with and would get better passing trade. So I will give it another stab
Hats off for doing this sir!

Unfortunately from my own experiences, kids these days brains are wired wrong.... most have the attention span of gnats or couldn't give a fig for a real machine like pinball. I have had hordes of kids round here on numerous occasions..... first 10 minutes the GrizZ Shack is rammed, after that.... Tumbleweeds :-( Little idiots :-D

A massive 16.60!

Been there, done that. Missus is on the board of the local dog & cat shelter. She's persauded me to take Addams down for a couple of open days. £5-£10 takings both times.

Back
Top Bottom