What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funhouse Rudy

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Just noticed that Rudy eyes don't close on my Funhouse. Everything else works ok. Any suggestions what the problem is before I take it apart. Will it just need cleaned or do I need a new part. I see Pinball Heaven sell the eyelids separately.

I take it to open the head up it's just the screws at the sides of Rudy's head.

Will be a broken plunger or broken wire off coil. Screws will allow you to see what's happening, but you'll have to tonics head from playfield to carry out repairs.

Think I've found the answer. Not gonna be an easy fix and I have a feeling I might brake something else as the component is at the back of the unit that fully closes the eyes. Everything else works fine..

Mate you can't beat tearing rudi apart and learning the intricacies. Once you have had him apart a couple of times you'll be able to fix him In minutes. Disconnect the plugs underneath and he drops out with a few screws

How dare you! Lol
Rudi when you first joined up, a few years ago now, a few of us were convinced you were just someone just using that name at random, as i'd never heard of anyone being called Rudy before except for this spunky mannequin in Funhouse.

Lol well mines the correct spelling not the americanised version. Indeed it's not a name u hear often only ever heard of 2 others in the uk

Actually lol is my sister well she's actually called Lauren but everyone calls her lol even her post comes to lol and her FB is lol drake madness

Did a temp fix, superglued the broken connector that sits between eye and solenoid. IMG_2966.JPG Seems to be holding rather well. However bought a replacement from Pinball Heaven

I wouldn't mind seeing some videos of other folks machines. My flippers are sometime weak. But I'm not sure if this is how the game is. I've bought a flipper rebuild kit to cure this..

No they should be strong. Replace the coil sleeves, end stops, linkages, eos switches and cab switches and everything should be sweet as a nut for years to come. Mine were so weak that it would barely hit the ball half way up the playfield. The biggest cause of the fault was the cab swtiches the contacts were almost charcoal!

Back
Top Bottom