What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funhouse - removing both ramps

Durzel

Registered
Planning on giving my mates Funhouse a clean, it's been played quite a lot recently by a house guest and the rubbers are pretty blackened.

To do a proper job I was going to take the ramps off, as sometimes a ball seems to get stuck around the loop anyway. Might even replace all the posts and rubbers with Titans.

The steps ramp I think just comes off in the normal way, but I've read you need to remove a diverter to get the other one off. Any ideas how I do that.. without breaking things or throwing alignments out etc?

Any gotchas I should look out for?

Couldn't find anything on here about it..

Thanks in advance.

From memory I can’t recall if the diverter needs to come off. You may be able to push it aside and remove the ramp. If not it’s just a small grub screw on the diverter arm clamp. One side of the diverter arm is flat so you can’t put it back in the wrong way. It shouldn’t go out of kilter!!

Reactions: DRD
It looks like the rod of the diverter arm goes straight through the ramp.

The long shaft with the diverter arm goes through a hole in the ramp and is removed by undoing the grubscrew on the collar underneath.
In the middle of a swapover so thats why the under p/field looks bareimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 10
Thanks muchly :)

Apart from that are the ramps easy enough to remove? Presumably just connectors from underneath?

Take some pics.
Screws on top then disconnect plugs underneath and carefully pull through. Mark ea side of plug if yr not sure or take pics. Ken

Watch out with the connectors for the ramp exit switches (on the metal tracks) if you remove them. They use the same plastic housings, and it is possible to swap them over without realising

And paddy, the diverter coil looks vulnerable to wiping out the terminal nearest the edge of the playfield; I'd reverse it to have the terminal safer

Does anyone know what size the screw and nut is that goes through the curved arm at the top of this diverter, above the playfield?

One of the two that holds it on has come off and as a result the arm ends up working its way out of alignment.

From the looks of the other one it's a tiny screw and nut, screw is probably less than 1cm.

Thanks!

The diverter flag does have to be removed, I could not get the nut undone on mine so had to drill the rivets out on the flag and remove it that way. I polished the ramps gently with a blow lamp they came up a treat. Recommend fitting cliiffys at least on the diverter as it does tend to crack the ramp.

Sorry, I'm not trying to remove the ramp anymore, I'm trying to reattach the flag as it's only held on by one nut at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom