What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funhouse 2.0 ** gameplay videos! **

Does this use P-ROC or? Hoping some clever person can maybe bring this to Visual Pinball (would be good if they let you purchase the code to use with VP)

It uses FAST - a competitor to PROC. Aaron from FAST and Rick from PPS are tight so have been pushing the FAST system for all these wpc 2.0 remakes. Unless someone can correct me - I believe this will be the first commercial system on that platform.

Edit - maybe Fathom is actually

Last edited:
As for VP - without knowing the specifics of how the code was written, it's certainly possible. CCC (which is proc) can run on VPX, and MPF (mission pinball framework - an open source coding platform for controlling various pinball hardware) can connect to VPX, so really it depends I suppose on what coding environment they used. My guess would be MPF, but I could be wrong.

More info on the MPF VPX bridge

Looks super fun! Can't wait.

Edit - Just watched properly on a larger screen, and caught up with the pinside thread. While I think the animations look amazing and the overall feel seems like it adds a lot to the game (as much as you can tell anyway) I agree with some of the criticisms being levelled on pinside - particularly that Rudy's mouth animations need (a lot) work, and the background music seem lacklustre. I like the new voice - I think it needs to be different - but to make it feel more like Rudy, it needs to have the uncanniness of the original. If the syncing is out, so is the creepiness.

There's some obvious bugs in the video too, like a mouth hit not registering.

Reports are they're shipping soon, so hopefully they are on it.

Last edited:

Fixed video ...

Thanks Janos - definitely a massively improved video, unfortunate this wasn't the initially released one. Some initial criticism but sounds like you guys are dealing with it in the right way and I'm sure the final product will speak for itself 🤜🤛

Okay - yesterday I installed a Funhouse 2.0 kit.

I do not work for this company!

I am not doing a review. I am sure Mr Ayub will be the first to do this.

The kit is brilliant. Well made.

Remove your old CPU board, and your old sound board.
Remove your old speaker panel.
Mount the pinsound XL board and the FAST pinball CPU board.
Connect switches to the FAST CPU, as well as power and two ribbons. A small USB cable goes between the the FAST pinabll PCB to the Pinsoud (the USB is behind the USB drive).
All sound and video files are on the flash USB in the pinsound XL. Most the processing is done on the pinsound.

You have two HDMI outs on the Pinsound XL - one runs to speaker panel. This has stereo speakers and a 14.9 wide display.
Next run the other HDMI and mini USB to the small screen that replaces the mirror.
Your old subwoofer plugs into the Pinsound 2.1 supplied cable.

Currently running Beta 0.5 that I upgraded with help from Janos, who to be fair did a great job on a video call especially as he does not understand brummie talk.

The side blade art looks good - but this machine has mirror blades so they are staying in.

The new backglass is not a traslite - it is printed on plastic, quality is good.

On booting the game you have a choice using flippers and start button to choose the game. Either original L9 code and the new version.

The old version emulates the old display as well as the old 'mirror'. The pinsound makes the old game sound FANTASTIC.

If you put this kit into a mint funhouse I think it would knock the socks off a load of new games. The 'Nightmare' version code is very good. Excellent animations. Probably better than most stern games.

Really enjoyed playing it, it is such a professionally put together kit. No need to run a single board computer, and as it uses pinsound - that is proven technology already, You just turn the game on and off like a normal pinball.

Have been asked not to share videos of gameplay, but here is a photo.... Yes I know its a tease.

funhouse2.jpg

Okay slightly longer than expected - there were some show stopper bugs that needing sorting - but the videos are all shot and ready to go. The plan is to post multiple tonight, here and on pinside.

It's an absolute cracker. Stay tuned.

Okay here we go!

More info on the pinside thread, but here is Shawn's gameplay video (one of the other beta testers)

And it lives !

On public play as well!

To be fair the base machine is players condition so needs tweaking a bit but liking the new modes.

And because its "unmolested" seems dark compared to the newer games so its a work in progress.

And we haven't fitted the side blades yet

And the t shirt at least fits one of us!

At least you can switch back to original game at will

20220304_180025.jpg20220304_175950.jpg

Got my Funhouse 2.0 up and running ! Highly recommend the upgrade ! Thanks to Martin @gopinball for setting it all up and to @Colywobbles for helping me track down a peach of a Funhouse to put it in.

Attachments

• 7D474C7F-F80A-4B0C-9DA7-2E37E96142FC.jpeg
    7D474C7F-F80A-4B0C-9DA7-2E37E96142FC.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom