What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS : Viper night drivin'

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Ok, it's a Sega 1998 game, heavily based on The US Viper car.

Pics can be found here : http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvDaTS6

Bad Bits :

Legs are around 2" short all round, since previous owner chopped em short for the kids. I have a replacement pair of good condition 28" legs - just need another pair to make complete. So slightly unstable and fairly flat (nothing that a couple of books couldn't sort out
wink-1.png
)

Lock Bar brackets fitted

Some wear on side decals where the flipper buttons are

Some rust on lockdown bar and small bit on the siderails. Only just noticed tonight, so it's really not that noticable!

UV lights all work, however occasionally a little temperamental. See pics where they all work. Probably just the bulbs need reseating, or new starters (haven't got any unfortunately - no fluorescents in the house!!)

Missing one "spotlight" (see pics)

Could do with a good clean, re-bulb, and re-rubber, as since i picked it up and haven't had chance to!!

No glowballs (uses normal balls)

One arm missing of the top of the head (it's just a transport arm only meaning you have to be a little careful to support the head on that side when it's in the car!). Not earth shattering though as how often does it go in the car!!

Good Bits:

Full PF mylar, so Playfield in excellent condition

Great DMD - Starts immediately and nice and clear

Generally in good playable condition - just the usual "Wear and Tear".

Flippers good and responsive, and can make all ramps

Coin mech works well

Boards in good condition with NO acid damage (common on the sega's - who thought of putting th batteries on the top of a board above the MPU!)

Now i was looking at £800, however since it needs a little work and a good clean/bulb/rubber i'll let it go for £750. I wasnt going to be able to make it to the show, however it looks like i may be able to make it on Saturday, so can bring it along, however unfortunately not in a position to put it up, play and have a barter . I am only 30 miles away from the show so am local so if anyone wants to pick up afterwards/before/during not a problem! Also this is why I've been so precise in my description!

So - £750 has to be a good price for a '98 DMD machine in anyone's books i think! Especially as there was only 1100 made! does that allow me to put ***RARE*** in here somewhere??
biggrin-1.png

You could always buy it and sell it in 6 months for £2k - seems to be the practice nowadays
wink-1.png

Paul

Back
Top Bottom