What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold FS: Stern - The Mandalorian Pro & AIQ Pro - New

Just out of interest, what was the project that needed all the pins, or is it a secret?

Just out of interest, what was the project that needed all the pins, or is it a secret?
No secret now - this was a wider scale connectivity project which I proposed to Stern and they were already doing part of it - Insider Connect -

Stern have some supply issues and that means we cannot rely upon getting the nos required when we need them, which is a bit of a problem for operations - so we are putting it on hold until the connect proposal is a little more mature and there is product availability

We can't even get power connectors from the open market for LTE routers etc for our own mods until Feb - some components globally are on 72 weeks lead time - tough time for all OEMs

Can I just ask is the Mando still sealed in the box ?
Who would the warranty be with and is it transferable ?
Many Thanks

Hi there - no it is not sealed in the box, and we both would have been upset if it had been. We had a few manufacturing quality issues with the Stern tables and one of which was a new spike 2 board being required for the Mando - overheat and lock up after 10-15 mins - so everything here gets a soak test before it leaves.

Warranty is 3 months - we will facilitate that as the Stern warranty of 3 months has expired - it will be 3 months from date of shipping

Hope that helps

Jeff

Hi there - no it is not sealed in the box, and we both would have been upset if it had been. We had a few manufacturing quality issues with the Stern tables and one of which was a new spike 2 board being required for the Mando - overheat and lock up after 10-15 mins - so everything here gets a soak test before it leaves.

Warranty is 3 months - we will facilitate that as the Stern warranty of 3 months has expired - it will be 3 months from date of shipping

Hope that helps

Jeff
3 months warranty in the UK?

Hope that helps

Jeff
Thanks for the info, I will give this one a miss as thought it was new boxed with 2 year warranty.

Thanks for the info, I will give this one a miss as thought it was new boxed with 2 year warranty.
Understood - i would probably advise against an unopened box unit - we had a 50% failure rate out of box - hence we opened them all up to make sure they were working or carried out the repairs where there were issues

Extremely unlucky to have a 50% failure rate on a load of new games.
Apparently there are 'issues' at the moment. It will be compounded by the current shortage of components, so that when items come in, there is the potential to rush builds through to get them out of the door for revenue and customer expectations - we have seen it with some of the biggest CEMs also.

Will hold off judgement though until I see the 2 new machines arriving off the last container - Electrocoin not expecting any more machines this side of Xmas also - which is part of the problem we faced trying to run this now

Apparently there are 'issues' at the moment. It will be compounded by the current shortage of components, so that when items come in, there is the potential to rush builds through to get them out of the door for revenue and customer expectations - we have seen it with some of the biggest CEMs also.

Will hold off judgement though until I see the 2 new machines arriving off the last container - Electrocoin not expecting any more machines this side of Xmas also - which is part of the problem we faced trying to run this now

hmm, I don't think that's the case, I think you've been unlucky or more of us have been lucky, largely no difference in stern quality over the last 2/3 years - I can only think of one game out of about 40 in the last 6 months that had a major issue. But for those looking for a Mando this is a great deal.

What modifications have you done to the stern hardware whilst trying to apply your networking hardware? Have you made an attempt to connect a networking switch to the spike2 via one of the rj45 ports?

you don't need to do any modifications. You plug it in and it lights up. With the latest insider code it will grab an IP, before you could hack the image and bring up the ethernet Interface.

Neil has probably spent far more time on this than I have (which is only a couple of hours, and that was on the Node Zero board architecture)

There's a quad ethernet interface on the Spike II board - 3 ports feed the table nodes and there is one more that is not normally used on the stock tables

Not wasted any time sniffing but am guessing that that the nodes are/were fixed IP which id's their function - had thought that would be the best way for a LAN based architecture, but opening it up to external connections means that it has to be a bit more flexible (NAT) or the nodes are not fixed IP - Neil would love a discussion on that for reference, just to understand what you have looked into - purely out of personal curiousity

Jeff

You can get the MPU and node board schematics on Stern's website.

The 3x RJ45 to the node bus are not ethernet and you shouldn't try to connect them to that!!

The one on the other side of the board is an ethernet port wired to the iMX6 running linux. You can plug the SD card in a computer and take a look...

as Thomas says they aren't ethernet and carry power on them also. The RJ45 at the top is standard ethernet.

as Thomas says they aren't ethernet and carry power on them also. The RJ45 at the top is standard ethernet.
But the driver chipset is just a bog standard quad ethernet driver really basic - will have to look at the schematic again next week - it has to be just running a TCP/IP stack but get that the wiring might be different on the RJ45 for whatever reason

But the driver chipset is just a bog standard quad ethernet driver really basic - will have to look at the schematic again next week - it has to be just running a TCP/IP stack but get that the wiring might be different on the RJ45 for whatever reason
No, it's RS-485 and the nodes under the playfield don't run TCP/IP.

The manual even says so!

1637971211695.png

Are these games UK stamped on the box or are they grey imports?

Did they come into the UK via Electrocoin (the official importer and UK distributor)?

If they are the warranty should be at least a year if you are selling these new?

Back
Top Bottom