What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freight...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Anyone had/have anything inbound from the US via Parcelfarce?

Had two UPS and one fedex package that arrived super quick but one from the US via Parcelfarce that left the USA but has not yet shown up in the UK - just wondering if anyone else had seen any packages come thru this way and how long it took?

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had a mod come in from Cincinnati today - placed in a small envelope - standard postal service airmail - threw envelope away so cannot check. It took 14 days from being posted as just checked when he posted it from Pinside.

Standard hand post arrived today from Pimballpimp (Tampa) - Just under 2 weeks...
TAF Thing LED displays shipped from US (Delaware) to UK 1st April, arrived in HRW 4th and disappeared off the face of the earth (which is normal for Parcelfarce). Expecting a letter any day to fleece me as all has been quiet.....

Usps arrived in UK 1 April but it took parcelforce a week to get it to me from their sorting office. Definately running late atm I think.

Usps arrived in UK 1 April but it took parcelforce a week to get it to me from their sorting office. Definately running late atm I think.

thanks mate.
what was the gap between leaving US and entering UK?

I'm assuming less cargo flights, less people working at the UK side, customs clearance less folks then in to parcel force.

Package full of speaker light stuff left 3rd April at 7am (guessing local time). and not a single update since. Its not an express package but usually its 3 days max on the slowest of packages. was hoping it arrived before easter so I can use the weekend to do the install.

my Fedex package for Elvira armour turned up a day early.

thanks mate.
what was the gap between leaving US and entering UK?

I'm assuming less cargo flights, less people working at the UK side, customs clearance less folks then in to parcel force.

Package full of speaker light stuff left 3rd April at 7am (guessing local time). and not a single update since. Its not an express package but usually its 3 days max on the slowest of packages. was hoping it arrived before easter so I can use the weekend to do the install.

my Fedex package for Elvira armour turned up a day early.

Just checked and it was 16 days coming over the water, most of that being taken up getting through the sorting offices from la to Chicago.

I’m always amazed how slow (and expensive) us postal and delivery services are.

When I lived in New Zealand post and packages used to get to the U.K. in a couple of days. Australia is also very good when I have bought parts from pinballspareparts.com.au.

:eek: PayPal exchange rate $1.17 - £1 :eek::eek:
Yep, was just about to order speaker lights from Doug then thought better of it.
Went to pinballshop.nl got them there but they adjust for Euro so costs the same anyhow.
The only thing you avoid is the tax/customs I guess. Their shipping for DPD is only 12 Euros...
Got some nice Gold mirror blades also..... to make the delivery worth while.... as you do!

:eek: PayPal exchange rate $1.17 - £1 :eek::eek:
Notoriously bad, when you pay you can (or could) choose to use the rate of underlying card using something decent like Clarity, Revolut, Monzo etc.

Had a small parcel from the US which went through the Royal Mail, 20 March to 3 April, so not too bad.
Had a fedex one and that was super fast.

Wow..... pinballshop.nl delivered my gold mirror blades and speakers lights the other day by DPD in 48 hours.
Awesome 👏

yah pinballshopnl are very good. I use them for titans sometimes.

Part of royal mail which currently is running with less staff than usual but with a similar if not more workload to christmas, so a delay to delivery would be expected.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk

Just to add my recent experience. I wanted a manual from a seller in US that would only send domestic. So I tried out a forwarding service called Viabox. First time I have tried this and it worked OK. Updates from Viabox were average, not amazing but did the job. US seller shipped on 06 April, item arrived with me in UK (via DPD) on 20 Apr. I would use this service again.

You have to list items and declare value on Viabox itself, and there is an option to group multiple inbound shipments into one outbound shipment. It's not the cheapest way to get parts - but if there's something you need from a US seller that won't ship out of the country, it seems like a decent option.

For other more regular shipments - I am finding most couriers are similar to normal times, RM a little slower but nothing to cause concern. After speaking with a postie, he told me that parcels make RM more money, so they are prioritising those over letters right now. So might be worth sending your Christmas cards now ;)

Just an update to this.

if you want something quick - UPS is smashing it. 2 days for my order from Pinballife.
Fedex next, bunch of electronics from US in 4 days.
DPD from Europe 3 days.

USPS are a ****ing shiet show. Not sure if its them or parcelfarce/royalfail but two packages from them took six weeks to arrive, last night my Elivira mods in Coventry then over night get to woking RM Depo and RM has limited collection from 7-9 in the morning so I can't get them until Monday because I have to pay duty on them. utter turd.

USPS are struggling- a lot of their workforce off, and according to a pinsider who works for them Amazon is sending parcels via them because they can’t cope.

USPS are struggling- a lot of their workforce off, and according to a pinsider who works for them Amazon is sending parcels via them because they can’t cope.

A lot of their workforce are skiving bastards taking advantage of the two week isolation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve had 6 parcels so far from US..
USPS - Parcelforce

worst one was Posted on 10th April - arrived 12th May. It was passed through US in a zig
Zag pattern.
It was in Chicago depo from 17th April until 9th May!

On the other end - parcel posted 15 April and was here by 22nd..
USPS - Royal Mail

UPS are seriously efficient at the moment

UPS can be really, really quick when everything lines up (and in non-coronavirus times). I send parcels out rather than receive them (apart from the odd one), most memorable one was when I left a parcel at the drop-off point minutes before it was collected and it managed to get to LA in 23 hours, that was just on the standard service as well. Last few weeks I've been using Hermes more because its the closest place to my house to take parcels to, and the UPS drop-off point in town has been temporarily closed since lockdown started so anything going by UPS has to get picked up by the van instead.

Back
Top Bottom