What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Free Virtual pinball machine to forum member (not working - please read)- no longer available

Den - aka Wolfgang

Site Supporter
Hi all, I am donating my virtual pinball machine to a good home.
Apologies in advance for the long post.

Mods- I had to chose a prefix but there wasn't one for freebie?

I am moving home soon and I only have space for one machine- my future wife has given me thr green light to buy my first real pinball machine (plan is to start of with a Revenge from Mars and maybe work my way up to one of my grail pins (Metallica Premium, Guns'n' Roses LE, Iron Maiden LE...).

I previously had my gaming pc and a 1080p monitor (a 32 inch LG fit perfectly) hooked up to the cab to play VPX tables, as the pc which came inside the cab isn't really powerful enough to run VPX and the monitor which originally came with the cab was crap.
I've now disconnected my pc (couldn't include, as I use it for oads of other stuff) and removed the playfield monitor, as I couldn't get the pc inside to output to HDMI with the adapter I have.

I'm unsure if the pc inside the cab is still working, so assume it doesn't, but the hard drive inside IIRC, might boot straight to Pinball X - I had it set up running loads of VP9, physmod (Williams and stern tables such as Metalllica/walking dead etc IIRC, some future pinball and Pinball FX2 with every table released up until maybe Zen released PBFX3/Williams (it has on there all of the STAR WARS, Marvel tables +Bob's burgers/family guy/southpark/Aliens Predator etc - who knows if thr hard drive still works; I've not had the pc inside connected for about 4 years) - all set up to use the backglass monitor for the virtual dmd Guy/Southwark/Aliens/Predator etc).

You will at minimum need to fit a new playfield monitor, but personally I'd recommend putting a new powerfull pc inside for Visual pinball X and the newer Pinball FX tables.

There is a tilt Bob inside which was working when I bought the machine about 6 years ago, but it seemed a bit naff (I'd recommend installing a little KLZ tilt board)
The sound system is pretty beefy.

When I bought machine years ago it was pretty crap; only had early Future pinball tables installed and I spent a lot of time firuing out how to install the Pinball X front end and Visual Pinball and Pinball FX and so this machine has given me hundreds of hours of fun over the years and really got me me to the hobby and has helped me a lot learning tables for tournaments and such (proud member of Flipout London for a fee years now!)

The cab measures 100cm long and 150cm high (at the top of the backglass monitor).
Thr legs screw off and there are also little legs which scre in and out so that it can be put down when transporting (it bloody heavy and I live 4 floors up with no lift!....)
Im 6ft 1 and the playing height is good for me.

Anyway, I'm offering this free and obviously as not working to whoever can collect first from London SE1 (not far from London Bridge/elephant & castle). I didn't want to put something up for sale or trade as not working, as it may need a whole new pc etc inside.

Cheers,

Den

Note; @Matt Vince @Neil McRae - if you'd like this to do something with it for Flipout you have first dibbs, although I'd imagine that's not your kind of thing.

Attachments

• 20210516_145458.jpg
    20210516_145458.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 20210516_145612.jpg
    20210516_145612.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 20210516_145541.jpg
    20210516_145541.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 20210516_145515.jpg
    20210516_145515.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 20210516_145549.jpg
    20210516_145549.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 20210516_145523.jpg
    20210516_145523.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 20210516_145507.jpg
    20210516_145507.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 187
Thanks but not really our thing! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m kinda glad you’re not slightly closer, looks like a fun project, even though I just picked up an old vpin for a project and have made almost no progress 🤣 should be good for someone who wants a tinker though. Can’t get better than free!

I’m kinda glad you’re not slightly closer, looks like a fun project, even though I just picked up an old vpin for a project and have made almost no progress 🤣 should be good for someone who wants a tinker though. Can’t get better than free!
Thanks Jib! I think whoever takes it will be happy once they get it up and running.
No concrete interest yet, so still available - first to collect gets it!👍🏻

Reactions: Jib
Machine is still available 👍🏻
If no-one from thr forum wants to take it within thr next week or so, I'll put it on Ebay for 1p or whatever, cheers.

Thanks again for offering it out here.

Hopefully you’ll get a few bites on eBay.
Thanks man, let's see what happens. Not expecting to get much for it, just wanting to shift it before I move home. Then the journey saving for my first pin can begin!😀 (silly things like conveyancing fees and furniture to pay for over the next couple of months he he)

This is back available for free to a forum member. Sold on eBay 2 weeks ago, then buyer messed me around for 2 weeks and didn't collect (then did a 1 day listing on eBay and the knob head then says doesn't want it) - need to shift in the next few weeks before moving home ; will be scrapped otherwise.

Hi mate, I ended up throwing thr cab away in the end as needed it gone before I moved - marked it no longer available a couple of months ago I think.
My advice though; don't pay the silly prices some on facebook etc are asking for vpin cabs; buy a good pc and 3 screens and set it all up yourself, then consider building a cab👍🏻
Thing to consider is, any vpin cab which is more than a few years old may struggle with newer Visual pinball tables and Visual Pinball X in general. Likely would struggle with Pinball FX 3 (and the newer pbfx reboot coming soon)
If you do buy one, make sure you try it first to make sure there's not terrible flipper/video lag and that it's not a cab with an older pc just running Visual pinball 9/physmod (which wouldn't be bad if its dirt cheap; still a lot of fun if minimal flipper lag, it's just that you'll want to upgrade the pc at some point to run VPX at some point)

Last edited:
Ahh that's a shame but fair play to you for offering that for free, not sure why someone didn't jump on that. I'm actually giving it a go trying to build one, hopefully it will go well. Thanks anyway boss

Ahh that's a shame but fair play to you for offering that for free, not sure why someone didn't jump on that. I'm actually giving it a go trying to build one, hopefully it will go well. Thanks anyway boss
I was surprised, but it was I think a case of no-one being able to (or could be bothered to) collect it.
Best of luck with the cab; good source of info is visual pinball junkies on facebook👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom