What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Eprom Programming...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
So - some may be aware of this, however I am happy to provide a free Eprom programming service to the users of this forum. All i ask is that you cover costs - i.e. price of Roms, shipping.
Some Eproms i may well have to hand. Others I May well need to order. Some are just plain not available any more. However All the Roms are pre-used and certified ok by me, however in good condition. I am happy to confirm the cost before Proceeding, however they will usually be cheaper than anywhere else.

I would also like to say that if you have any old Roms kicking about there that you no longer want or need, then please let me have them! I'm happy to pay costs i.e. shipping etc. These in turn will be supplied FREE to the others i.e. If i get them free, they go out free - benefitting everyone.

I can do the same on Video games or anything else. All i ask is that if the source is not freely available out there then you will need to provide this. I'm also happy for you to supply the chips and code - and i'll just charge return shipping.
I cannot guarantee that 100% will work first time - However i can guarantee that the Image that is written to the chips is Verified, therefore meaning that they SHOULD work. Any problems I can re-burn and re-send on receipt of the faulty one back! Hassle free - thats how we like it
smile-1.png

All pinball Roms are now shipped with an LED friendly code where applicable. Should solve some issues with ghosting etc that are experienced with non-patched Roms!

Apologies to those that have purchased over the last few days - Have spent some time off my feet after damaging my knee - Crutches and the works - So all being well these should be sent Monday or tuesday when I'm back on my feet!!!

Those wanting this service, please PM me - It's done best effort, so i dont even suggest payment until I'm in a position to have to either purchase Roms specifically or to actually program them.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:
currently suspended since software doesnt support Windows 10 :(

What hacked me off was that I wrote to them, and the response??? "That model is 3 years old".....!!!!

Welcome to the throw away society :(

Currently unable to do these as programmer is playing up. Will be at least a few days before i get chance to check it out, so please bear with me :(

I am currently re-considering this service at the moment....

Royal mail keep loosing these. I have had around 10 of these go missing in the last month alone. I HATE having to use them, since it reflects badly on me, and inconveniences those that need them in a hurry.
Cant be an issue at my end as i send from around 4 different locations - so my only assumption is that the RM is just shockingly **** now :(

At the present rate i am sending lots of these twice - i may as well give them away.... the process is on the verge of loosing money.

One option i am contemplating is to only ship on weekends, so i can keep close tabs on whats gone out, take to the post office and get a Cert of posting for everything... or maybe once a month do a call for these... or just stopping altogether..

How useful Is this service to everyone???

Paul, this service is extremely useful to me. I think you just need to get a proof of posting - that way if anything goes missing the cost can be reclaimed from RM...

@Paul the service you offer is massively appreciated by the troops. I have had multiple ROMS from you over the years.

If you continue, and I hope you do, then do it on your terms - whatever works for you, and importantly means you aren't out of pocket!

I would say posting just on weekends, even once or twice a month would be totally fine for most folk. Sent recorded for more security an option? It's still a pain going to the Post Office rather than just chucking in a postbox... so that's why you need to do it when it suits you.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yes very useful and very appreciated.

What about using one of the other mail vendors? Myhermes or the like.

They will even lift from you (home or work location)

It's a great service and much appreciated. I can confirm that one did go missing but you did successfully send it again - that was almost 2 years ago.
If posting is the problem, change the method to recorded delivery or whatever, but make sure you are not out of pocket by passing on any extra charges on to the customer.

The 2 roms you did for me were excellent no delivery problems, would of been stuck without your service. I would have paid extra costs for a courier service no problem.

The 2 roms you did for me were excellent no delivery problems, would of been stuck without your service. I would have paid extra costs for a courier service no problem.
Exactly my feelings too mate. I'd pay another 5 each time so you can buy yourself a pint too. :thumbs:

All rooms on hold as - wait for it - I’m out of 1mb, 2mb and 4mb EPROMs!!!!

New roms on order, however will take a couple of weeks... will let everyone know when I am back up and running, and sorry for the inconvenience!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ROMs arrived today, thank you so much I know you're a busy chap, a donation will be incoming:thumbs:

I got ROMs from you Paul and I really appreciate it.

I think i've still got the old ones here so i'll try to dig them out and post them over to you.

Back up and running per chance?

I need to lay my hands on the latest SS ROM. :p

Back
Top Bottom