What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frankenstein multiball problem

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
On the Frankenstein i just bought there are quite a few different multiball modes.If i get more than 3 balls (you can get up to 6 balls) when the last ball drains its not registering,so i have 6 balls in the trough but the machine seem to think there's 5 and after around 20 secs it kicks out another ball into play. When you lose this ball it adds your bonus up as it should.
I've been in switch test and there's nothing wrong with any of the trough switches.Plus if you lose any single ball it registers with adding up said bonus.
The 2 display eproms both look original with Version V1.03 on both. The game eprom is hand written on masking tape but you cant read it.When you switch in it shows up as Game ID.00.
Could this be causing this "multiball bug/glitch. Thanks Ken

After searching it appears the game eprom should be 1.03 or 103 depending on which site you're on.
Can anyone do me one of these please and let me know how much.
At the moment i appear to be one of the thousands who have no yahoo email so if you could reply on here
i'll be able to read it.

Cheers Daz :)

When you switch the machine on it should tell you the Rom version on the boot screen. It'll probably say "DSP1.03", however probably listed as "Game:x.xx"

I suspect that because you have Display roms 1.03, the game will be 1.03 too....

Let me know - I can do you a complete set of three (1x game rom, 2x display roms) for £19 delivered....

Cheers
Paul

On mine, it says 'Display Ver a1.03' the next screen is USA CPU 1.03.

Game:00 refers to the actual game number (that an operator might want to set) which can be changed from adjustment 59.

It really is most likely to be a switch problem in the trough. Put the balls in the trough, get ball trough test on screen. Wiggle wires, fiddle with the diodes, flex the terminals of each switch. Look for any instability in the switch closures which should remain closed at all times.

Back
Top Bottom