What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum warning system - NOW IN PLACE!

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

After another day of having to moderate due to people deciding that they want to have a pop at each other (there's been a few this week), I have decided that we need to implement the forum warning system, where people get warning points for getting out of line.

When i say "out of line", i dont mean by disagreeing with anyone - everyone will have their own perspective - i mean for things that are just plain out of order.

This is a points system primarilly.... The more points you get, the bigger "prize" the rest of us get -

This is how it will work - remember - Points make prizes!!

10 Points :
Inappropriate Content/Behaviour - example of this would be someone being out of order.. posting inappropriate content or behaving in an unacceptable way
Trolling : as per the definition - A person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community

20 Points :
Inappropriate Advertising/Spam - Pinball stuff and the sort of things relavent to a pinball and discussion forum is fine, along with those asking related questions.
Personal attack (Minor) - What i would class as a Minor spat - disagreement between two mates down the pub over a beer...

30 Points :
Personal Attack (Major) - Calling people out and swearing/abusing directly someone.

The points will last for 12 months from the date of offence before they automatically disappear from your record.

The prizes the rest of us get for your points tally are as follows :

# of pointsType of BanDuration of Ban
30 PointsTemporary2 weeks
40 PointsTemporary1 Month
50 pointsTemporary6 months
60 pointsPermanentPermanent

We wont be looking back at how many you have "tallied up" previously - these will be issued on an individual basis, based on the post that has been made - if you hit over the threshold then it's all automatic. Dont come crying to us, since you have been warned (and I'm sorry but if you cant keep to the simple relaxed rules of the site, i dont care!).
We also reserve the right, as is currently the case, to carry out an immediate Ban if in the Admins opinion the infraction warrants as such.

There are also certain actions which will attract an immediate ban. These actions are things that are Illegal and shouldnt be found on a forum site, however unfortunately are. These are things such as Racist and Homophobic comments, however not just limited to them. We reserve the right to issue an outright ban to anyone whose extreme actions may warrant it.

This is in the opinion of the admin that notices the infraction first or responds to the report - it could be any of us - I WILL back up any of the team if they feel that something has gone over the line. If you dont like this - I'm sorry but this maybe isnt the place for you.

This wont affect 99% of people on the site - however it will affect those that cant stick to our relaxed rules.

I positively encourage people to use the "report" button if they see this type of behaviour. If you see this behaviour, please do NOT react (Especially if it is aimed at you), just report it, and let us do the rest.

I'm so sorry to have to be Mr Draconian, however I am fed up having to moderate people that cannot moderate themseves.

For the record, this isnt reffering to just one issue over the last week, however several, and I have come to the end of my tether with those that think it's ok to carry on. If you think it's ok to be a keyboard warrior then please carry on and see where that leads you.

Paul

Last edited:
what's the punishment for heinous spelling mistakes? "Perminent" ? :D

asking for a friend - is dildo talk still ok or is that covered in the 10 points? :D

I think this is a great move though Paul and apologies if my winding people up causes so much agro- you guys do a tough job running a forum.

Can we have 60 points for having multiple profiles please?

Anyone who hasnt previously had this approved by me gets that anyhow. We actually have quite a robust "multiple profile" detector in place here!!
This is alongside "you try to reigster with a Proxy server or a "suspected sharing device" " getting perminently banned too.

I think if the purpose of this is to ban Neil then just do it rather than beating around the bush. I don't want to see Neil get banned as I understand his banter and I'm not offended by it. Life is too short to take everything so seriously. And quite frankly those popcorn threads are what make this forum interesting on a day to day basis. Nobody would keep watching Eastenders or Coronation St if everyone was nice to each other all the time for 20 years. We like a bit of drama.

Can we give five points to every post bragging about your not-for-sale pinball machine on a Wanted thread?

”I have an XXXX. It’s a brilliant machine. [Optional: I bought it for 50p 20 years ago] and it’s bolted to the floor.”

This isn’t referring to anyone, or any post in particular, because everyone on this forum seems to do it. And when you can’t find an X for love, nor money, it’s flicking annoying.

Can we give five points to every post bragging about your not-for-sale pinball machine on a Wanted thread?

”I have an XXXX. It’s a brilliant machine. [Optional: I bought it for 50p 20 years ago] and it’s bolted to the floor.”

This isn’t referring to anyone, or any post in particular, because everyone on this forum seems to do it. And when you can’t find an X for love, nor money, it’s flicking annoying.
I don't think people are bragging when they do this, they are sharing their passion for the machine mentioned, especially if it's something rare or not well loved

I’m liking these new rules points makes prizes, hopefully I never get any.
I do hope a certain bedside collection didn’t offend anybody and this type of post didn’t hit the spot! And wouldn’t get a prize.
Im certainly guilty of laughing out loud which is very needed at the moment.
I do recognise that other posts do go too far and prizes need to be given out.

Thank you Paul for putting this in place.

Alan

I don't think people are bragging when they do this, they are sharing their passion for the machine mentioned, especially if it's something rare or not well loved
I'm not being entirely serious (obviously) 🥰

I do feel slightly responsible for the Financing Pinball thread turning into a radioactive dumpster fire that could only be approached with the aid of protective equipment...

Hi all,

After another day of having to moderate due to people deciding that they want to have a pop at each other (there's been a few this week), I have decided that we need to implement the forum warning system, where people get warning points for getting out of line.

When i say "out of line", i dont mean by disagreeing with anyone - everyone will have their own perspective - i mean for things that are just plain out of order.

This is a points system.... The more points you get, the bigger "prize" the rest of us get -

This is how it will work - remember - Points make prizes!!

10 Points :
Inappropriate Content/Behaviour - example of this would be someone being out of order.. posting inappropriate content or behaving in an unacceptable way
Trolling : as per the definition - A person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community

20 Points :
Inappropriate Advertising/Spam - Pinball stuff and the sort of things relavent to a pinball and discussion forum is fine, along with those asking related questions.
Personal attack (Minor) - What i would class as a Minor spat - disagreement between two mates down the pub over a beer...

30 Points :
Personal Attack (Major) - Calling people out and swearing/abusing directly someone.

The points will last for 12 months from the date of offence before they automatically disappear from your record.

The prizes the rest of us get for your points tally are as follows :

30 Points - Temporary Ban - 2 weeks
40 Points - Temporary Ban - 1 Month
50 Points - Temporary Ban - 6 Months
60 Points - Temporary Ban - Perminent

We wont be looking back at how many you have "tallied up" previously - these will be issued on an individual basis, based on the post that has been made - if you hit over the threshold then it's all automatic. Dont come crying to us, since you have been warned (and I'm sorry but if you cant keep to the simple relaxed rules of the site, i dont care!).
We also reserve the right, as is currently the case, to carry out an immediate Ban if in the Admins opinion the infraction warrants as such.

This is in the opinion of the admin that notices the infraction first or responds to the report - it could be any of us - I WILL back up any of the team if they feel that something has gone over the line. If you dont like this - I'm sorry but this maybe isnt the place for you.

This wont affect 99% of people on the site - however it will affect those that cant stick to our relaxed rules.

I positively encourage people to use the "report" button if they see this type of behaviour. If you see this behaviour, please do NOT react (Especially if it is aimed at you), just report it, and let us do the rest.

I'm so sorry to have to be Mr Draconian, however I am fed up having to moderate people that cannot moderate themseves.

For the record, this isnt reffering to just one issue over the last week, however several, and I have come to the end of my tether with those that think it's ok to carry on. If you think it's ok to be a keyboard warrior then please carry on and see where that leads you.

Paul

So @Paul I can't call you a poopy head then😁

Back
Top Bottom