What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum - User Feedback Section

RetroHeed

Site Supporter
Alias
Scott
Hi,

First up I am not so sure if this is the right place to post this (@Paul l please move if need be). But I really think this forum would benefit from a User Feedback Section.

Sure there is the "Thank You" sticky thread which appears to do well and has had over 1k replies but I think this site would benefit to have a User Feedback Section also. It would also be far easier to see individual forum members feedback which would ultimately provide confidence in sales, trades, support etc etc.

A good few years ago now, back and forth I would often visit (and still do on occasion) the video game forum NTSC UK (now known as bordersdown). I have done a few trades on that site, sales and purchases etc. The user feedback section on this site is a place where you can leave a comment against that user once someone has traded, assisted with something, or helped you out in some way, could be anything really. It works really really well and gives you trust with the individual, and is also somewhere where others can very quickly check someones feedback. The user feedback thread also gives those credit to the people who go out the way to help others.

In my opinion I think a User Feedback Section would work really well here on this site.

Some of you may be active on NTSC UK / Bordersdown, or were previously, but here is a link to the User Feedback Section from the site where you can see some feedback examples from users, hopefully this will give you an idea on what I am rambling on about.

Also just to quickly add. I have been on this site for just over a year now. I am still a newbie to pinball really, however the community aspect of it all is what makes it great in my opinion. I feel by having a User Feedback Section on here, I think would also add to that, and would be a great addition to add to this forum.

Cheers
Scott

Moved into Site Suggestions ;)

It was something that was built into the new classifieds system before it was removed, however that was restricted to actual SALES made and not for things in general (which i think may be more useful)....

There seems to be two possibly options - One which is carried out via someone elses server (which i'm natrually twitchy about) and something we can host locally on our server.
I've made a few enquiries - deffo something i would like to see here. The only concern i have is for people using it as a weapon if they dont get on... We will have to work out how that will be policed....

Watch this space :)

I can see the most vocal and opinionated taking over and basically hounding and harassing others who they may have an axe to grind over the smallest thing, which may or may not have happened years ago.

The forum is great, it shouldn't necessarily try to be everything. FB, ebay, Rate my Buyer, Trip Advisor, etc.

Yeah I'm not sure it's necessary either. It's such a small community here.

I can see that for newbies it might be a bit daunting on who can be trusted or not, but in that case a friendly 'can anyone vouch for this guy' would quickly get responses (maybe via pm if the person didn't have a great reputation)

90% here are absolutely sound people, probably higher than that. We all go to the same shows, play in the same comps and get drunk at the same bars. The bad weeds don't tend to last long

Back
Top Bottom