What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale For sale: ST:TNG £4000

Davep

Site Supporter
Alias
Mathusulah
Hi All

I have my Star Trek; The Next Generation for sale.

I am in Essex.

I have owned the machine for around 20 years, I had it serviced when I purchased it, and it had a full safety check a few years later, but since then I have done my own general maintenance work on it.

I would have hoped to get more than £4000, but it seems the market is not as strong as I thought. Its up for sale, as we are moving to the States, and this wont be going with us.

The ST:TNG is a well known game, wide bodied, with lots of different aspects to the gameplay.

This machine is one of the 200 prototypes, made by Williams prior to the launch of the game proper - it has domed lights on the cannons and different coils on the flippers.

The cabinet is in generally good condition, apart from some damage to the decal on the left of the back box.

Everything seems to work as it should, it plays well, and I am not aware of any significant issues.

There are some wear marks on the playfield, and a couple of damaged plastics - the previous owner had made some attempt to repair the plastics, and I intended to swap them, but never got around to it.

There is a line out on the extreme right of the DMD, but this does not effect the gameplay - I replaced the DMD 15 years or so ago, and the only board I could find at the time had the line out - so I went with it.

I have included a load of pictures, and will be posting a video of it action, when I get it converted.

You will be able to see the damaged plastics, and the line out on the DMD. If you want any further information, let me know.

Thanks for looking
Dave

Attachments

• backbox 01.jpg
    backbox 01.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Borg ship.jpg
    Borg ship.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Cardasian.jpg
    Cardasian.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 120
  • coin door.jpg
    coin door.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 116
  • cracked plastic 01.jpg
    cracked plastic 01.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 116
  • cracked plastic near upper flipper.jpg
    cracked plastic near upper flipper.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DMD 02.jpg
    DMD 02.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 119
  • DMD showing line out.jpg
    DMD showing line out.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DMD test showing line out.jpg
    DMD test showing line out.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DMD.jpg
    DMD.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 114
  • flipper coil.jpg
    flipper coil.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 125
  • inside backbox.jpg
    inside backbox.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 125
  • inside coin door.jpg
    inside coin door.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 124
  • iside base.jpg
    iside base.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Klingon.jpg
    Klingon.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Left backbox damage to decal.jpg
    Left backbox damage to decal.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 113
  • left cannon.jpg
    left cannon.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 110
  • left lower panel.jpg
    left lower panel.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 105
  • left of coin door.jpg
    left of coin door.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 102
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 109
  • light cover wear centre playfield.jpg
    light cover wear centre playfield.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 109
  • lower playfield.jpg
    lower playfield.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 110
  • mid playfield.jpg
    mid playfield.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Neutral zone.jpg
    Neutral zone.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 95
  • plastic crack near bumper.jpg
    plastic crack near bumper.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 90
  • plastic damage left cannon exit.jpg
    plastic damage left cannon exit.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 81
  • playfield wear.jpg
    playfield wear.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Playfield.jpg
    Playfield.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Rear of back box lights.jpg
    Rear of back box lights.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 73
  • reverse of dmd.jpg
    reverse of dmd.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 63
  • right backbox.jpg
    right backbox.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 60
  • right cannon.jpg
    right cannon.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 59
  • right lower panel.jpg
    right lower panel.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 55
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Shuttle.jpg
    Shuttle.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 56
  • spinner.jpg
    spinner.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 58
  • top flipper.jpg
    top flipper.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 59
  • top playfield.jpg
    top playfield.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 60
  • underside of playfield.jpg
    underside of playfield.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 133
Hi All

I have my Star Trek; The Next Generation for sale.

I am in Essex.

I have owned the machine for around 20 years, I had it serviced when I purchased it, and it had a full safety check a few years later, but since then I have done my own general maintenance work on it.

I would have hoped to get more than £4000, but it seems the market is not as strong as I thought. Its up for sale, as we are moving to the States, and this wont be going with us.

The ST:TNG is a well known game, wide bodied, with lots of different aspects to the gameplay.

This machine is one of the 200 prototypes, made by Williams prior to the launch of the game proper - it has domed lights on the cannons and different coils on the flippers.

The cabinet is in generally good condition, apart from some damage to the decal on the left of the back box.

Everything seems to work as it should, it plays well, and I am not aware of any significant issues.

There are some wear marks on the playfield, and a couple of damaged plastics - the previous owner had made some attempt to repair the plastics, and I intended to swap them, but never got around to it.

There is a line out on the extreme right of the DMD, but this does not effect the gameplay - I replaced the DMD 15 years or so ago, and the only board I could find at the time had the line out - so I went with it.

I have included a load of pictures, and will be posting a video of it action, when I get it converted.

You will be able to see the damaged plastics, and the line out on the DMD. If you want any further information, let me know.

Thanks for looking
Dave
I have added a video of the play through a game - its not spectacular - I had a camera standing between me and the machine! But it shows many of the different play scenes.

Is your pf GI out? Looks very dim? Could be just the camera though
Sorry, whats the GI? The backbox lights were out earlier - I found a fuse was unseated - so I replaced that, and the lights on the backbox are now on.

The lights around the playfield that remain on all the time to light up the pf.. Look under your slings and outlanes, doesn't look like theres any lights under them, you can test the GI illumination in the menu.. (cycles between 1 to 5)

The lights around the playfield that remain on all the time to light up the pf.. Look under your slings and outlanes, doesn't look like theres any lights under them, you can test the GI illumination in the menu.. (cycles between 1 to 5)
I am working on fixing the GI (I know what this means now!) so that will be done prior to anyone purchasing the machine.
Dave

Reactions: Max
The ST:TNG is still available, I have been poorly, so haven't got as far as I would have hoped with the GI. I have done continuity tests and the boards are fine, but haven't checked voltages yet. I have a wide variety of replacement components, but health issues have stopped me getting to it.
If anyone is interested in making an offer as it is, I will discuss offers... But not silly ones. I am not in a rush to get rid of the machine, so a reasonable offer might be acceptable, but it can sit in my office for a while longer if it has to.
Thanks
Dave

Back
Top Bottom