What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Thread

darren_ross

Registered
Just having a beer and watching the Juve v Barca match. Anyone else got it on?
received_10158478367955384.jpeg

Also who is your team?
I do follow my local team Grimsby Town, but always supported Newcastle United since i was young.

I've just heard that an explosive has hit the Dortmund bus! Shocking! World is going mad.

Tottenham has been my team since I was 11 and realised it's not all about supporting the teams that win everything - I was 11 in 1980 when I decided to follow my mum's team while Liverpool ruled supreme - and for the next decade (best goalie in Grobbelaar) - so all my mates supported them. Then Man U ruled for the next decade or more (best goalie again, Schmeichel) and all the kids were Manyoo fans, then it was Chelsea for a bit and suddenly they had a million new fans, and then Man City got a big cash injection and became noisy neighbours and title contenders. It's crowded up there now, I think we're the only top end club that hasn't spent hundreds of millions to build a squad and instead developed our youth team. There's a reason why there's always been a Spurs backbone to the England squad, we're more English than most of our rivals.

Spurs haven't won anything apart from the occasional league cup for 30 years but are finally coming into form again. We are in with a shout for the FA Cup this year and will finish probably 2nd in the Premiership, plus for the first time in years, there's no reason for our best players to leave for more money and glory (I'm thinking of Bale, Berbatov, Modric for example) - now players like Kane and Alli and Son and Eriksen, Dier, Rose and Lloris don't want to leave to go sit on the bench somewhere 'bigger', I bet they can't think of anywhere they'd rather be right now than in the Tottenham first team, full of confidence and challenging on all fronts and back in the Champions League again next year. Gary Lineker, Jimmy Greaves and Paul Gascoigne will be looking forward to a few more glory years like the good old days.

Ah, football. Did you realise you have a large creature in front of your telly btw?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom