What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foosball/Table Football

R

RobZombie

I have been instructed by her indoors to buy a table football for our eldest sons 5th birthday. I hate football so this is new territory for me. Looking for something top quality that will last until they bugger off to uni. Budget up to £1000. Seems like a lot of these tables are made to look expensive but with 'chrome look' fittings and MDF frames. I'm looking for top quality workmanship. I'm guessing a few of you must own these or have some advice?...

I had a FAS San Siro table, till I sold it on as I needed space for pins. It needs the space of 3 pins!

This is a glass top table so beer/soft drink cans can be placed on top with out damaging it.

Great game if you have someone to play against you.

Parts are available but it shouldn't get damaged as it's made as a retail game.

Mine was from a Glasgow pub, just needed a bit of a clean when I got it.

I bought a garlando outdoors one 2nd hand for my bar and It gets spilt on everynight and wipes clean and still going strong 18 months later played 5 nights a week by Italian students mainly!

Only a handful of manufacturers' games are officially accredited for tournament use.

https://britfoos.com/guides/buying-a-table/

Things to think about ...

• Telescopic handles make for a safer, more compact game
  • Some tables have glass over the top, some do not
  • Some are designed to take cash, others are freeplay only
  • Prices for accredited tables vary significantly

Bonzini tables (French) are expensive and play very differently to Garlando tables (Italian).

In your shoes, I would go and play the different manufacturers' tables as you will probably have a preference.

Personally, I like the Garlandos. These are also the table that you will have played in your youth/ in pubs/ at sports centres.

Bought one :) A Garlando Olympic Silver commercial machine with coin op. Figured that ought to be a decent build quality and retain some value.

Nice and if or when your kids have had enough you can find a site to earn some extra pin money from it. Hope he enjoys his present and happy birthday to him.

Thanks! :) I think I got thoroughly duped by the wife on this one....his birthday isn't until August so no doubt she'll think of something else for then. Not something I would ever in a million years consider buying but actually quite excited about it now. I figure the coin op commercial aspect is what helps retain pinball values and definitely can't hurt resale appeal.

Man, that was hard work! Took 3 hours to get it from the van down into my basement. Probably harder to move than a pin!20170409_222657.jpg

Back
Top Bottom