What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Fluorescent Pinball Plastic Protectors. Fish Tales FT now available

Expired Due to no activity
Green would work nicely I think.

As to what else can be done.. not a lot really. There's a plastic above the chair (the Cousin IT target bank) but the clearance with the pops is tight. You've got the plastic assembly by the Thing flipper, but it's solid red so green wouldn't work there I don't think.

An extreme option would be to do the swamp plastic, but as it's almost transparent I'm not sure how well that would work.
You could go clear on swamp but not sure if any point as it’s the enhancement of the colour pop that really excels with these things TBH
Col

Thanks Colin they fit perfect and look awesome also fitted the Gotg ones u sent me thanks again

Attachments

• 15584556510811728433811.jpg
    15584556510811728433811.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 1558455685730659880266.jpg
    1558455685730659880266.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 1558455716431754267411.jpg
    1558455716431754267411.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 55
Would you be able to create a new piece for this clear plastic? Its from High Speed that covers the ramp. I just need a 1:1 exact copy in clear

IMG_4037.JPG

I’ll have to put it in my next order as I only have 3mm here ATM.
Just as matter of interest what the length as my cutter goes 320mm max
I’m also away for 4 days over the bank Hol so if it not a rush I’ll sort next week if that’s ok
Col

You're absoutely banging these out, top stuff!

Dumb question and I'm sure it was answered somewhere before but I'm going blind - what colours can be done? I know of red, green, yellow and blue.
I'm at a bit of a loss as to what colour would be best on F-14 plastics. The outer colour border on all plastics is red and that would look ace, but I'm fairly sure it would stomp the mainly-blue colours flat.

Likewise, blue inserts wouldn't do anything for the highlight outline, nor the orange-yellow Tomcat artwork. Plus I'm not convinced the deep blue would the tone of the game... The ideal colour I think would be a blue-heavy teal, but that doesn't exist in a fluorescent colour shade (the dyes/chemicals simply don't exist beyond the limited palette we already know from UV/neon colours on all things we can buy.)

By any chance is orange available? It seems to exist as a flourescent plastic colour option: https://www.simplyplastics.com/cata...ja_BO5JDYmC01ecmmBc5E7MImVajpLgRoC5MAQAvD_BwE

I think that'd do the trick perfectly, the orange of fire/explosions that matches the plane outline, wouldn't clash with the red too much and wouldn't stomp the blues as harshly as the pure red.

f14_slingshots_mop.png

Dumb question and I'm sure it was answered somewhere before but I'm going blind - what colours can be done? I know of red, green, yellow and blue.
I'm at a bit of a loss as to what colour would be best on F-14 plastics. The outer colour border on all plastics is red and that would look ace, but I'm fairly sure it would stomp the mainly-blue colours flat.

Likewise, blue inserts wouldn't do anything for the highlight outline, nor the orange-yellow Tomcat artwork. Plus I'm not convinced the deep blue would the tone of the game... The ideal colour I think would be a blue-heavy teal, but that doesn't exist in a fluorescent colour shade (the dyes/chemicals simply don't exist beyond the limited palette we already know from UV/neon colours on all things we can buy.)

By any chance is orange available? It seems to exist as a flourescent plastic colour option: https://www.simplyplastics.com/cata...ja_BO5JDYmC01ecmmBc5E7MImVajpLgRoC5MAQAvD_BwE

I think that'd do the trick perfectly, the orange of fire/explosions that matches the plane outline, wouldn't clash with the red too much and wouldn't stomp the blues as harshly as the pure red.

f14_slingshots_mop.png
I’ve got lava orange

f14_slingshots_mop.png
I’ve got lava orange. Red to the left for ref. I’ve took pic in low light to try capture.
The red is lot brighter when in use but the orange was blowing the pic out totally

Col
799CE752-35A1-4A04-A2D0-B209B3728440.jpeg

So I fit mine earlier on today. Everything went fairly smoothly, I didn't even need to snip off the tabs from the black plastic posts for the outlane ones, the screws seemed to go in fine anyway.

The only one I had a LOT of trouble with was the slot machine one, not because of any issue with the protector but mainly because the single nut holding the slot machine plastic down wouldn't come off, and I actually ended up unscrewing the wood post with it.

One suggestion I would make to @Colywobbles for future runs is to make a cut out much like was done for the slot machine bulb for the wires as well, as otherwise the wires have to sit between the original plastic and the protector, and get wedged against the metal at the back. No big deal though.
SEE MY UPDATE BELOW - BASICALLY, I'M AN IDIOT.

My right slingshot wasn't a perfect fit either, couldn't get an even border of the protector around the plastic, but again given the price I can't complain. I guess every machine is different too.

All in all I'm very happy. The slot machine in particular really glows now.

I had no problem using the enlarged slot machine protector by the way, it didn't foul anything.

1B8A1788-21B2-4702-BE06-C39145775365.jpeg

02020D46-269E-43DC-8866-A8092B0A2033.jpeg

971AE9E4-19A1-443A-8BE4-377BB09ABE46.jpeg

983D3AE5-EBE4-4305-820C-16464C68EAC7.jpeg

Attachments

• 40103A4A-C049-4CFA-8F7A-386900B71F7D.jpeg
    40103A4A-C049-4CFA-8F7A-386900B71F7D.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 1A6DC4AB-FC71-4B4F-A956-9B93D59776DE.jpeg
    1A6DC4AB-FC71-4B4F-A956-9B93D59776DE.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2EC60B3A-6970-49C1-972D-EC264B914C2F.jpeg
    2EC60B3A-6970-49C1-972D-EC264B914C2F.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 68EA90BD-07EE-47EA-A053-E4AF5451CDF9.jpeg
    68EA90BD-07EE-47EA-A053-E4AF5451CDF9.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Nice pics BTW.
Strangely I didn’t have that issue with the slot machine Plastic but one thing I’ve noticed is the inconsistency with plastics. My slings are perfect and I used 2 sets of original ones as the templates!
However when I fit to a mates TZ his was slightly out too.
My Mezel plastics were way WAY out and the German ones were a joke in comparison.
So I guess it’s always gonna be a hard one for anyone to manufacture.
I have made the bolt holes slightly larger at 6mm to try allow movement in centering them nicely though and it’s been perfect on all the pins I’ve done and fitted.
If anyone’s is annoyingly out send the plastic and I can custom make to fit.
I hope you are happy with the overall effect as I think they another dimension to the look of the game.
Thanks for the feedback it’s reallly appreciated

I am a perfectionist so believe me for most people it's fine :) I'm very happy with them, and the effect they have on it. They are every bit as good, better in fact, than any I would've bought anywhere else.

The slingshot nuts barely fit on mine now, I guess that's normal. I didn't want to really tighten them because I can't use any washers now.

Looking forward to the TAF ones now :)

I am a perfectionist so believe me for most people it's fine :) I'm very happy with them, and the effect they have on it. They are every bit as good, better in fact, than any I would've bought anywhere else.

The slingshot nuts barely fit on mine now, I guess that's normal. I didn't want to really tighten them because I can't use any washers now.

Looking forward to the TAF ones now :)
I’ve never and a bolt work loose even though the nylock doesn’t kick in however if the pin was on location maybe it would be better to fit extended posts.
I’ve only noticed this on earlier Will/Bally stuff not the newer sterns which are fine.
I have access to TAF so will be sorting some point

Cool. Do you know what I mean by the slot machine bulb wires?

(I've just realised I could've unplugged the bulb from underneath the playfield and threaded them through the protector hole. I feel like an idiot now. I did the whole job without lifting the PF)

Cool. Do you know what I mean by the slot machine bulb wires?

(I've just realised I could've unplugged the bulb from underneath the playfield and threaded them through the protector hole. I feel like an idiot now. I did the whole job without lifting the PF)
I didn’t quite get what you meant and just expected you to feed the wire through the hole not around lol
I’m sure you have amended now and all’s well

I didn’t quite get what you meant and just expected you to feed the wire through the hole not around lol
I’m sure you have amended now and all’s well
I have now. I was going to leave it but I've been thinking about it all morning so just went and did it properly lol. Like I said, OCD. :oops:

I received a package of very well made protectors from Colin yesterday and just fitted them all. I went with clear on Mustang, Ghostbusters and IMDN so no point posting photos of those but fitted blue to Star Trek and orange/blue to Tron. Very happy with them, thanks Colin.

IMG_20190605_092925355.jpg
IMG_20190605_111418168.jpg

For your Iron Maiden what did you have to do to fit them? I don't have enough screw clearance on the slings to put back the washer underneath (can't fit the nut on top). Did you do anything in particular?

For your Iron Maiden what did you have to do to fit them? I don't have enough screw clearance on the slings to put back the washer underneath (can't fit the nut on top). Did you do anything in particular?
I left the washers out, it's fine without as long as you don't over tighten.

Back
Top Bottom