What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Fluorescent Pinball Plastic Protectors. Fish Tales FT now available

Expired Due to no activity

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
The list of what is available is now over 30 pins to see which and what is available go to my online shop HERE and use the code COLSAYSTAKE20 for 20% discount for Pinfo members.

If unfamiliar with these style of protectors please see my previous thread on my TZ ones Here

Some examples below

TZ - Slings, Outlanes, Rocket & Slot Machine. Yellow recommended however takes on a different look with blue.
F3506565-38A2-433F-9AF4-13BE0544C966.jpeg A3A121AF-BE3B-429E-A353-46BA9A7F59D2.jpeg

RFM - Slings & Outlanes. Green recommended but for more subtle look Red can be used
1F5EBD32-5BB3-4180-864E-A054401DDF8C.jpeg

IMDN - Slings & Outlanes. Yellow or Green you decide as I’ve done a set for someone in yellow now and either one goes well
A2EF3CA2-50C1-446B-95E7-34427A08F179.jpeg BB89F706-B6F9-406E-868A-5B6A07C37390.jpeg

GOTG - again I’ve gone with green which suits the theme well
1C581E2E-E909-49C8-B310-6E4AF88D1017.jpeg

TH - Green again and looking sweet. Can do this with slotted slings (LE, SE, BA) or without for standard.
5832D53D-DA53-4CE6-A949-E2FD51970A4E.jpeg

FH - My old FH revisited to install a set of yellow and well happy with result
F1AF14BF-37B4-4E30-8E36-85F8FFAB9A42.jpeg

TOM - ChrisBs old super gold minty now with added yellow ones
72EBD270-3908-49D3-87ED-EB8CF04FB9C2.jpeg

JY - I was asked to do a mix of red on right (evil) and blue on left (good) although it doesn’t pop like the usual brighter colours it did suit the theme I guess. Happy to do in any colour requested.
6210CC77-9D6D-4517-9AE3-F143B9872769.jpeg BF4F6C16-208B-4D3B-AA9A-BF65CACF3FFB.jpeg

Tron - orange on the left & Blue on the right
B9EB283D-E939-4DEE-9285-1C1AA530B8E7.jpeg

Star Trek Pro, Premium & LE - in Blue of course
823B9E26-0588-426B-9F8C-9BB2B820A2A0.jpeg

If anyone rather keep the original look without having to resort to Sterns horrible Metal Washers or Lexan ones like below I can also cut them in clear. Example fitted to TZ Sling along with Blue Outlanes for reference.
DB102E95-BEC2-487E-AD94-4C15C310AD51.jpeg A6B71F30-A9A3-4345-B6A1-431E1E5E53FE.jpeg 1AB156BE-7C7C-4141-94A0-C3C2DFD3F4A6.jpeg 80384D62-729E-486C-8FA6-697B724F3865.jpeg

Thanks for looking Col

Last edited:
If I can provide you with all of the exacting measurements you would need for the job, would you be able to do me a set for F14 Tomcat?

I could also just send the plastics of course but I can provide enough detail to program a cutter.

I understand it's custom work, name your price and let me know.

Junkyard would be very nice, left in blue and right in red please.

Thats if you can add it to your ever growing list.

Nice work!

It looks like this has already derailed somewhat into a 'requests' thread.

Maybe time to nip that one in the bud, and tell people either the money you'd expect for the utter ballache of making plastics for new games, or tell us all to back right off! I'm not sure if people are mentally picturing a fair price for doing these on commission - or maybe people are just feeling flush with cash for mods this month!

It looks like this has already derailed somewhat into a 'requests' thread.

Maybe time to nip that one in the bud, and tell people either the money you'd expect for the utter ballache of making plastics for new games, or tell us all to back right off! I'm not sure if people are mentally picturing a fair price for doing these on commission - or maybe people are just feeling flush with cash for mods this month!
Maybe read his first post again, seems pretty clear to me!

Maybe read his first post again, seems pretty clear to me!
He hasn't specified the value of his time. My wife is an freelance artist and out of principle I will not ask someone to make custom work without paying them for their time.

Lots of people also don't give proper value to their skills and punters will never correct a too-low price - to my eyes £20 is much too low for anything that's not more-or-less copying of previous patterns. This person has recently had to invest in a laser cutter and learn to use CAD to make these, that's a time and skill investment that should be rewarded especially when it is generously being shared to the community at large.

Of course I could well be jumping somebody else's gun - it's a personal chord being struck more than anything. I just get the heebie-jeebies when I see a custom-work thread like this (for anything, art or manufacturing) that is one thing when it's spare-time stuff, suddenly become more than could be handled in a full-time job in less than 24 hours. Some people are cool with that but I've seen it scare more people off than not. I'm just trying to respect the time investment rather than chastise anybody.

Last edited:
For my part I'm assuming the ones for TAF will pretty much be identical to TZ, which the OP has already done. The slings and outlanes will, I'd have assumed being B/W pins, be the same.

I thought @Colywobbles still had a TAF, but maybe I'm mistaken.

If I can provide you with all of the exacting measurements you would need for the job, would you be able to do me a set for F14 Tomcat?

I could also just send the plastics of course but I can provide enough detail to program a cutter.

I understand it's custom work, name your price and let me know.
Yep just send me the file and ill do whatever colour that suits.
I can convert almost all files to suit the cutter.
How does £3 per plastic sound and I’ll inc P&P
Just PM me for my email and mobile details to arrange

Yep just send me the file and ill do whatever colour that suits.
I can convert almost all files to suit the cutter.
How does £3 per plastic sound and I’ll inc P&P
Just PM me for my email and mobile details to arrange
You're undercharging, my dude!

But no problem, I will get them whipped up and will be in touch. Will be later in the week because I've just had my schedule absolutely torpedoed this morning...

He hasn't specified the value of his time. My wife is an freelance artist and out of principle I will not ask someone to make custom work without paying them for their time.

Lots of people also don't give proper value to their skills and punters will never correct a too-low price - to my eyes £20 is much too low for anything that's not more-or-less copying of previous patterns. This person has recently had to invest in a laser cutter and learn to use CAD to make these, that's a time and skill investment that should be rewarded especially when it is generously being shared to the community at large.

Of course I could well be jumping somebody else's gun - it's a personal chord being struck more than anything. I just get the heebie-jeebies when I see a custom-work thread like this (for anything, art or manufacturing) that is one thing when it's spare-time stuff, suddenly become more than could be handled in a full-time job in less than 24 hours. Some people are cool with that but I've seen it scare more people off than not. I'm just trying to respect the time investment rather than chastise anybody.
I'd let the OP decide that, Col certainly seems to have enough smarts....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I wholeheartedly agree to the gist of your thread and you’re pretty much right in everything you say.
To put it all into perspective my Daughter in law is a well respected and sought after design guru who picks and chooses her jobs and because of her amazing design skills Is well sought after so demands top dollar and rightly so.
I on the other hand pretty much just copy the shape of a plastic and slightly enlarge it if required in OS size.
Although it has all been a bit of a learning curve it’s been a great challenge working with a new set of tools and getting my head back into simple CAD stuff.
I’ve been collecting pinballs over 30yrs now and apart from scoring from pinflation at its peak it’s pretty much a constant stream of money going out of my pocket.
It’s actually nice to see what I have created being used in my eyes to enhance and protect a pin at the same time.
Yes it’s cost me quite an initial outlay but no more than an average pin costs but the difference is this may eventually pay for itself after around 100 sets.
Then I’ll be in the money, not big money but enough hopefully to fund this crazy hobby of ours.
Main thing is that it really is a labour of love that I enjoy doing and you guys are helping me out by not only buying them but helping to build my library.
I did intend to sell them on eBay but have decided not to for the time being as you guys are Keeping me busy enough without other distractions.
Bear in mind I’m sort of retired being a part time Ski Instructor and this time of year (end of season) is the quietest time of all for several months till winter kicks in.
So time is not really an issue ATM so I’ll crack on getting as many as possible sorted as I can.
Finally I know they are cheap as I paid $55 for 5 GOTG ones from Mezel and 64€ for some crappy German ones I returned.
But I think of this not as a full time job for me more but more of a hobby I enjoy.
Eventually it is going to be a two way deal once start doing orders for some of the more obscure stuff I’m starting to get asked about I’ll be increasing my library and helping out the community at the same time.
So basically it’s a WIN WIN scenario I’m happy plodding along with while demand exsists
BTW the wife doesn’t agree as even though I have the fumes extracting out of the house it currently smells like a chinese lucky bag factory hehe.
Maybe an outside workshop will be my next project.
Col

For my part I'm assuming the ones for TAF will pretty much be identical to TZ, which the OP has already done. The slings and outlanes will, I'd have assumed being B/W pins, be the same.

I thought @Colywobbles still had a TAF, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I’ve actually had 3 one a really nice gold but they all gone however a friend has one so which plastics you reckon need doing apart from slings and outlanes?
Also colour gonna be a thing too. Maybe green I guess

Tip - Use us guys as "guinea pigs", get your library up, and once you have everything in place Slap something on pinside. Even with postage costs you would more than likely make a killing....

Tip #2 - Not sure if you have thought about consumables, however after a while that Lazer tube will need to be replaced... ;)

Tip - Use us guys as "guinea pigs", get your library up, and once you have everything in place Slap something on pinside. Even with postage costs you would more than likely make a killing....

Tip #2 - Not sure if you have thought about consumables, however after a while that Lazer tube will need to be replaced... ;)
I bought my laser 2nd hand and have already priced up a full set of mirrors, laser tube and focus lens which equates to around £500 if I fit them and another £350 if they fit them so I’m ready for that TBH
Hopefully it’s later rather than sooner
Col

Ooooooh all these years of hoarding pinball parts has kinda paid off, I knew I had some plastics somewhere and have not only found a part set for MM & CV but also found this little lot stashed away.

They are all NOS original stuff which I will sell on once I’ve drawn them up for protectors, I’ll google this after my T but anyone here with an MM tell me if the left sling and outlane pictured are a mirror version on the right side ? I’m guessing they are! If so I’ll put these in the lineup along with the Stern ST ones at the bottom then follow up with the sling sets without Outlanes.
Also are those in the middle for CP? and the top right IJ (williams)

BAAE6B27-F681-43C8-A6CB-85834076F5B6.jpeg
)

Col

I’ve actually had 3 one a really nice gold but they all gone however a friend has one so which plastics you reckon need doing apart from slings and outlanes?
Also colour gonna be a thing too. Maybe green I guess
Green would work nicely I think.

As to what else can be done.. not a lot really. There's a plastic above the chair (the Cousin IT target bank) but the clearance with the pops is tight. You've got the plastic assembly by the Thing flipper, but it's solid red so green wouldn't work there I don't think.

An extreme option would be to do the swamp plastic, but as it's almost transparent I'm not sure how well that would work.

Back
Top Bottom