What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flocking Hell!!!

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hi group

I'm going to try something a little different!! Are you all familiar with flocking?

My understanding is that it was a process to coat plastic or metal in a substance similar in feel to a suede. I believe it was initially used to coat the dashboards in rally cars to prevent glare reflecting off it during racing.

Well a friend of mine has a flocking business and has a choice of 50 colours in which to flock!!

So I'm going to have my congo's legs, side rails and lockdown bar flocked in dark green.

Interested to see how it turns out and how hard wearing it is.

I'll keep you posted with pics, prices and any other developments.

Does anyone know of anyone else who has used this procedure on a pinball machine? I think I might be pioneering this one!!!

Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that!

We'll see. You never know it might turn out alright.

Gaz

Youre probably right mate, that was just what I was told. I was only a twinkle in my fathers eye in the 70's!!

i'll join you if you give me details and if it's local enough for me to deliver legs etc?

sounds like fun

I'll let you know how it turns out mate. I'm located in Ipswich btw.

Probably be a few weeks yet though.

ok, sounds good. i have decked out my garage in astroturf and bamboo, so i am a fan of texture, and can see a niche market for flock pins. very niche, perhaps too niche.

i was near Ipswich last week, stayed in Swilland and went to see the Alpaca farm
smile-1.png

Ha ha, I know where you mean. Well next time you're up this neck of the woods you're welcome to pop in have a game on my Congo or soon to be joined by sttng.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1692804 said:
What the flock are you people smoking ?!? :confused:

This sounds insane ...and hence I love it
biggrin-1.png
Keep us posted !

Can they do camo patterns ?

Camouflage pattens, Your all nuts.

Back
Top Bottom