What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flippin' Transporter

Uncle Bucky

Site Supporter
Alias
Simon
Afternoon Peeps!

A question for the collective mind....

I've got a Transporter in the workshop atm and I'm struggling to answer a question about the upper flipper.

I know its a long shaft and there difficult/impossible to find... however the question is about flipper size.

All the pics/info/interweb show the same flipper as the lower flippers, however the manual calls for a 2" short. (i do understand that the manuals where not always what made it into production 😁 )

Has anyone got any extra insight?

Fitting the 2" would certainly make the transporter shot a bit more challenging and stop you being able to 'trap' the ball on the flipper.......

Thoughts...?

TIA :)

Hello,

Another member here ('Crewey') has been renovating a Transporter recently, and it had the special longer shaft with a notched 3" Bally flipper attached. I only ever saw one of these games, new at the distributor Deith Leisure, and it had a 3" flipper, visually the same as the main ones. It's a similar age Williams game, Swords of Fury, that has an 2" flipper with longer shaft.

Sorry about the incorrect attribution.

Last edited:
Hello,

Another member here has been renovating a Transporter recently, and it had the special longer shaft with a notched 3" Bally flipper attached. I only ever saw one of these games, new at the distributor Deith Leisure, and it had a 3" flipper, visually the same as the main ones. It's a similar age Williams game, Swords of Fury, that has an 2" flipper with longer shaft.
Hi Jay

Thanks for the reply!

It is the Swords of Fury flipper part no. that's called in the manual 🤷‍♂️

Things like that are often to be found in the manuals, something written for a previous game isn't altered/over-written for subsequent games, such as;

• Earthshaker! - "there are lamps under the Earthshaker! dome" on top of the back box (left over from Taxi)
  • Stern Cheetah (1980) - mentions the display attract mode emphasising the recent introduction of 7-digit scoring (actually only programmed for the preceding 'Big Game')
I can speculate that this one occurred from pulling up the drawing/listing for the elevated flipper of SoF, and then neglecting to change the part number for the flipper itself.

Last edited:
Things like that are often to be found in the manuals, something written for a previous game isn't over-written for subsequent games, such as;

• Earthshaker! - "there are lamps under the Earthshaker! dome" on top of the back box (left over from Taxi)
  • Stern Cheetah (1980) - mentions the display attract mode emphasising the introduction of 7-digit scoring (actually only programmed for the preceding 'Big Game')
Thanks Jay 😁

That makes a lot of sense.

TBF the flyer does show a ribbed yellow one.. guess it is a cut and paste error...🤷🏽‍♂️

It should be the same flipper as the bottom two, the ribbed one :thumbs: You're supposed to be able to trap up on the upper flipper to shoot the bowl ramp.

I first played Transporter in 1990/ 91 when I was a student. I now own one.

I think the correct upper flipper is a regular sized carrot - ie ribbed yellow.

As @ronsplooter says, you should be able to trap balls using the upper flipper.

Back
Top Bottom