What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper Buttons

jonathan

Site Supporter
Why is it that some pinballs seem to have very springy buttons and others seem to have old tired buttons.

Is there a spring inside the button? Is it as simple as putting new buttons in?

The button makes contact with a metal (or plastic) strip that moves in and out of an opto unit. If the strip is worn it loses its 'spring'.

The left flipper button on the IJ i got from you had a screw inserted into it to compensate for this loss of 'spring' so the strip would properly clear the opto unit. This made it hard to make the POA shot becasue the 'stroke' of the flipper had changed, making the flipper that little bit more sensitive than the right. The buttons can also wear, getting 'sloppy' with age and this can also cause the strip not to clear the opto unit.

Only way to make it good is to buy a new metal (or plastic) strip, and new buttons. Got mine from Marco.

I've never changed flipper buttons, i presume its easy enough. Where is the best place to pick up various coloured/lit buttons?

Some buttons don't have a spring in they reley on the (answer above).

And some flipper buttons do have springs in them.

Where is the best place to pick up various coloured/lit buttons?

I'm sure The Legend or Phil at Pinball Heaven can supply different ones. You can also can a huge range of coloured buttons from Gremlin Solutions:

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/

I've bought buttons for MAME cabs from there although I'm not sure how compatible they are with pins.

Back
Top Bottom