What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper advice for newbie

Carisp

Registered
Alias
Caris
I am a noob just bought my first table - Star Wars data east. I just played the same table at pinfest and noticed the flippers on the table at pinfest allowed more control and just had an all round better feel. When I examined mine I noticed the leaf connectors looked a bit worn. Shoudl I be looking to replace these to improve flipper perfomance?

flipper mechs wear out. search for a data east flipper rebuild kit. pinball mania or pinball heaven etc stock them.

I am a noob just bought my first table - Star Wars data east. I just played the same table at pinfest and noticed the flippers on the table at pinfest allowed more control and just had an all round better feel. When I examined mine I noticed the leaf connectors looked a bit worn. Shoudl I be looking to replace these to improve flipper perfomance?
You can buy complete rebuild kits , linkages, sleeves, switches (shouldn’t need the coils). It’s an easy first job! Order new balls at the same time as they can be pitted and gradually wear down the playfield.

Also mate, I had the same with mine. Turned out a fuse had blown on the flipper board on the middle left hand side of the body. You can lose half of that board and the machine will work but feel aweful. A new fuse made it 100x better to play.

Also mate, I had the same with mine. Turned out a fuse had blown on the flipper board on the middle left hand side of the body. You can lose half of that board and the machine will work but feel aweful. A new fuse made it 100x better to play.
Thats really interesting as I have had a fuse blow so I bought whole new set at pinfest - might be worth just replacing them all and see if that helps I guess

Back
Top Bottom